Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for December 2013...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

this afternoon 1 micro bass on a vision eel water cold and brown air was cold and raw feels like something is coming. will give it hell in the morning if it's not snowing too hard

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Got out today..It was one of those "what the hell am i doin out here"kinda days from the moment i left my house...Snowing when i left Union Co so it made the ride interesting..Made it on the sand at 630am snow was pelleting me in the face with 15knt E winds..Water looked real fishy! Worked a long stretch of sand from 630-930am with nothing..Hit the Jeep to warm up and took a ride..Fished the next spot from 10-12pm..Great looking water outgoing tide and the snow has turned to rain..Made my way to a good hole and sure enuff found a little fatty sitting in there he was about 20in and fat he hit a Vision sandeel in the wash..Came tight again about 20mins later but dropped him...Had another good hit a bit later all on the Vision..All in the same hole..There had to be some sort of bait cause a diving duck or loons what ever they arewould not leave the spot just going under for a few then popping up..Didnt see anything but who knows maybe sandeels or crabs...I did see alot of crabs at my first spot.. a few different species..Including a whole bunch of lobster claws probably 8-10 scattered down the beach..Dont ever remember finding those in the past..Wouldnt mind snagging a live 1..So i say it was well worth the torture of the weather! Hope to be back out this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    Got out today..It was one of those "what the hell am i doin out here"kinda days from the moment i left my house...Snowing when i left Union Co so it made the ride interesting..Made it on the sand at 630am snow was pelleting me in the face with 15knt E winds..
    Great report Blazin, Congrats on finding some fish.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    Got out today..It was one of those "what the hell am i doin out here"kinda days from the moment i left my house...Snowing when i left Union Co so it made the ride interesting..Made it on the sand at 630am snow was pelleting me in the face with 15knt E winds..Water looked real fishy!
    Snow in the face with 15knt e winds is rough. Dude you are hardcore! Thanks for the report it got my heart pumping maybe there will still be some small bass around by the weekend.

Really enjoyed the report blazin. Could feel the excitement coming in with each sentence. There are still a few small fish around but I don't think we will see many. Good to see you did get action and you worked for it. Congrats.

It was pretty sporty out there today. Drove down to the water casted for 1/2 hour and came home. I was going to wait a day or 2 but had to get out. The winds are shifting offshore tomorrow and will be better for presentation. Nice effort blazin. 6:30 to 12 is a lot of walking. Kudos

Thanks guys! Its nice to bust your butt on a crappy day and get rewarded even if it was a micro bass and a few hits! I still got a few more trips in me

Nice job getting out there and finding something.

I'm having a hard time just trying to make some time to get out this month.

Braved the elements yesterday got 3 small bass all on tsunami and vision 6" weighted sand eel all they would hit 5 of us scored on it

Fished this morning got 2 small washed out looking resident fish lots of loons diving and coming up with sand eels water down to 42 the end is near will try this afternoon as the afternoon bite seems better than the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Braved the elements yesterday got 3 small bass all on tsunami and vision 6" weighted sand eel all they would hit 5 of us scored on it

Fished this morning got 2 small washed out looking resident fish lots of loons diving and coming up with sand eels water down to 42 the end is near will try this afternoon as the afternoon bite seems better than the morning.
    Definitely braving the elements, we are actually getting a real winter this year.
    Great to hear you are still catching.
    Heat wave coming this weekend.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Went back there were 7 of us and all got the SKUNK not even a bump. Strong south to north current with the prediction of the southerly flow of air for the next 5 days. water temp is 41 we will try once more in the morning if nothing I'd say the fall run has come to an end. there warming up

I appreciate what you are saying finchaser and the fat lady pics are funny lol. Just wishing for a few more days out there. nice going as well blazin!
    The temps are supposed to get to 60 on friday and saturday and then they will go down again by monday. Hoping to get out at least one more time. I have to give you credit all the times you were fishing this week I was thinking of going to the beach but bagged it at the last minute. Too cold. How many layers are you wearing?

thermo top
    flannel shirt
    hooded sweatshirt and rain top in snow and rain
    just a pair of jeans under waders

The ladies are warming up but not quite ready had 2 this morning a 20 and a 22 Inch must have come in from mud hole as gannets were diving on herring just out of casting range

I knew you would grab a few before the weekend Fin nice job!! Hope to go Sun morn just not liking the strong SW wind i saw predicted....

I always wear: UnderArmor(top and bottom)
    Tshirt
    Long sleeve tshirt
    Hoodie
    Rain jacket if necessary
    Sweat pants and 2 pairs of wool socks...Keeps me warm most days and alot of walking

Got 4 this morning water 41 hits are really soft my biggest 23" my friend had a 27" our regular group of 4 guy's had 9

Nice going finchaser I found a few as well. 6 shorties on small plugs this AM. Incoming tide. Give that fat lady a candy bar to keep her quiet.

Way to go gents thanks for the reports! I have a box of reeses peanut butter cups I'l bring for her to feast on. Keep the rotund girl away from the beach!

Fished this AM from 6:30 to 8 had 7 bass to 27 inches 4 on sand eel rubber and 3 on Mucho minnow left them biting as beach was a zoo all the fair weather dilly docks were out. Water was 42.

Picked up 7 bass last night under the cloudy waning moon. SPs, schoolbus bombers and redfins. All shorts mostly tiny. One was around 27" and fat. Like finchaser said downsize your tackle and they are fun. Don't know how long it wlll last. Next week it will be back in the 30's again.

Nice going guys it's not over yet! Fished 6-8:30 this am in moco. Lots of guys out. Finchaser you are right the warm weather bought all the fair weather fishermen out. Saw quite a few without waders thats crazy. Got 2 bass to 19". Missed some others they were light hits. Tsunami sandeel slow and low.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast