Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2013.....wwwStripersAndAnglers.com

Slow night all of the bait disappeared overnight

Caught 1 fish and called it quits after two hours...just wasn't feeling it today.

I was out with the Fly Rod from 6:00 to 10:00pm. Used a blurple Fly Caught 1 short bass under 20 inches. and a bunch of huge Hickory, Seen a nice bass around 15 pound caught near me. Nice night to be out.

Hello everyone. NICE REPORTS! I have made several failed attempts in the past few weeks. 1st trip I discovered my guide was cracked. Next trip I forgot my gear as I thought I left it in my trunk and now last night I arrived at what looks to be a hot spot right now only to realize I must have gotten sand in my reel at 1 of my other failed attempts lol the important part is at least I tried What have I learned from all these failures? Slowww down! Looks like I will have to resort to using my bait casting setup temporarily for plugs as I see the fishing is pretty good out there right now. I'm determined to get my 1st fish of the year before the weekend is over and I possibly go back into hibernation

Fished out front in NoMoCo with the OFFC Wednesday evening . Managed to shake the skunk by the skin of its tail with two small bass.

Last night..lots of walking with nothin to show for it but a fish that was on tbe line for 2 seconds then popped offf..was probably a shad..Maybe the front will stir things up..wont be back out till Sunday gonna head S of were ive been fishing

Got 2 this morning to 27" the south wind has shut em down and now for a gale force south blow

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Fished this morning 4-6am got one 27" bass on 9" tsunami eel. Did a lot of walking saw a good amount of bait but very little fish activity.

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme_visions View Post
    lol the important part is at least I tried What have I learned from all these failures? Slowww down! I see the fishing is pretty good out there right now. I'm determined to get my 1st fish of the year before the weekend is over and I possibly go back into hibernation

Dude if you think the fishing is good right now where were you 5 years ago? You would of been jizzing in your pants compared to how it is now.
    No worrries about failing if you are not out there trying you won't catch any. At least you tried, good deal. Better luck next time.

South wind made it hard to fish tonight but my brother and I still managed a few. He caught six total and I caught two on swim shads.

I spent a lot of time throwing a heavy duty 7" shad and got a bunch of missed hits...had to take a picture of this little guy who tried to eat a shad almost as big as him.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    South wind made it hard to fish tonight but my brother and I still managed a few. He caught six total and I caught two on swim shads.

I spent a lot of time throwing a heavy duty 7" shad and got a bunch of missed hits...had to take a picture of this little guy who tried to eat a shad almost as big as him.
    Nice report and pics JB
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

this AM 6 bass to 26" all on Jig head and Chartreuse tail

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789