Thread: Epic fishing

Default Epic fishing

Tons of bass they say. Al Fish Story hypes it up. Tom Fote tells the government not to worry

Well here's the real truth

On 5PM Wednesday day before Thanks giving the anual 5 surf club tournament hosted by SRSA starts and ends 12PM Sunday,

Shark River Surf Anglers wins it all with 2 fish for a total of 23 pounds yes a 10# and 13# fish

The other 4 clubs nada no fish over 30 inches.

Another example of epic fishing Charlie's tackle has their tournament.

First fish caught a 5 3/4 pound bass gets $500 as rules said 1st legal fish never mentioned a minimum size so a guy uses a bonus tag and takes money

Fish led tournament and almost won $1300 but at the last minute the 13# fish from our tournament wins it

So much for the efforts of over 500 guys

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I think a lot got killed in the Canal this summer and fall. The only time in my lifetime I ever saw a concentration like that was in 1980 off the Cape Cod beaches. You all know what happened after that, they crashed like the Dutch tulip crash. Maybe we need that to happen again before folks will take the catching and taking seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Tom Fote tells the government not to worry

Well here's the real truth

On 5PM Wednesday day before Thanks giving the anual 5 surf club tournament hosted by SRSA starts and ends 12PM Sunday,

Shark River Surf Anglers wins it all with 2 fish for a total of 23 pounds yes a 10# and 13# fish

Maybe its time to get rid of Tom Fote. Don't know how to go about it but have seen his name mentioned in alot of threads here over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post
    Maybe its time to get rid of Tom Fote. Don't know how to go about it but have seen his name mentioned in alot of threads here over the years.
    It is beyond time for that. He is a complete disgrace to recreational fishing.
    Killem all Tom is a rotten piece of $hit.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

All crooked politics. Didn't they just give Mr Fote a sportsman of the year award? I thought I read it here somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    All crooked politics. Didn't they just give Mr Fote a sportsman of the year award? I thought I read it here somewhere.
    Yes they did thanks to the assho_les at the JCAA

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post

Another example of epic fishing Charlie's tackle has their tournament.
    So much for the efforts of over 500 guys

Wow pretty dismal. That doesn't say much for the guys who say the stripers are all over.

Just read a guy talking about how they "killed it" in ocean county today. They caught 12 stripers total. 12 stripers is "killing it?" Better than me, I got one striper from the surf. even if I got 12 I would never say "killed it!" lmao the new def of epic.

lol, I agree.

Epic fishing for milennials is catching 26 inchers. Catch double digits and they shoot there load. Most have no clue what fishing used to be like so 26 inchers are the norm.

Just read something posted online by a guy who says stripers are all over and wonders why there is a need to regulate. I think what is happening is there is a giant disconnect between guys on boats and those fishing the surf. Or some of these people are just idiots, take your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    Or some of these people are just idiots, take your pick.
    THIS, definitely!

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    Just read something posted online by a guy who says stripers are all over and wonders why there is a need to regulate. I think what is happening is there is a giant disconnect between guys on boats and those fishing the surf. Or some of these people are just idiots, take your pick.
    I am going with just idiots here.
    There is no disconnect.
    There is selfishness, no respect, immediate gratification and me, me,me attitude. Idiots.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

^^^^^ what he said!

Every year more and more of us who fished before and after the moratorium die off. Give it another 15 years and there may not be to many of us left to sound the alarm.