Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for September 2013.....wwwStripersAndAnglers.com

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by VSdreams View Post
    Thanks for the reports. Would anyone be able to estimate how big the mullet you are seeing now? Any corncobs in there or all they all the finger mullet size?
    small 3-5" size.

Returned to the night scene first time out in the dark since memorial day, the results were great. The weakies are in full force in the barny bay. Landed close to 30 lost many more lots of hits on the whole outgoing tide. Chartreuse mullet gulps were hot. Fish were mostly 16" to 19" a few made it to 23". The peanuts were present and the weakies were harassing them constantly. Weird how patterns have changed not a single blue there, years past sept was a fight to get through the small blues to the weaks.

30 weakfish you crushed em! Congrats great report has me psyched!

^^^^^ Nice work SH.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    Returned to the night scene first time out in the dark since memorial day, the results were great. The weakies are in full force in the barny bay. Landed close to 30 lost many more lots of hits on the whole outgoing tide. Chartreuse mullet gulps were hot. Fish were mostly 16" to 19" a few made it to 23". The peanuts were present and the weakies were harassing them constantly. Weird how patterns have changed not a single blue there, years past sept was a fight to get through the small blues to the weaks.
    Way to go matt you commuting back and forth

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

SharkHart- nice job! I plan on hitting them tomorrow night!

Yep making the long drive, the key is finding them peanuts

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    Yep making the long drive, the key is finding them peanuts
    you want company call me

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

moco in the back tonight. Outgoing tide a few cocktail blues and one small weakfish on small finS and 1 oz. Nice going on the weakies shark I thought there would be a few more where I fished there was a lot of bait but mostly small bait.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    small 3-5" size.
    Thanks jb. Great reports fellas. Nothing but the skunk tonight, Somoco surfside. Nice night but no one told the fish. Sharkhart don't think I ever caught 30 weakfish in a night that is a fantastic night of catching congrats.

Nice catching SH. Peanuts or small bait are the key that's for sure. Fished this morning 4-7:30 toward top of the tide. A few tailor blues and 1 short bass in nomoco. Pig and jig.

No reports or sightings anywhere of inshore/surf albies yet?

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    No reports or sightings anywhere of inshore/surf albies yet?
    Not from the surf but they finally found some at Barnegat Ridge-

Capt. Dave De Gennaro reports bonito and liittle tunny are finally abundant on Barnegat Ridge, and he'll be running open trips for them on his Hi-Flier from Barnegat.

Nice going ledhead I would love to catch one of those blues hope some more come around!

wtg gents!

^^Heard rumors of some caught off li from some guys I work with but no real confirmations.
    They haven't even been caught off Montauk yet. This may turn out to be a sucky year for the albies from the surf. I feel like a goog, thought for sure they would be around by now. sharkheart great report congrats.

Hey albies would be nice but beggars can't be choosers. I would be happy with some monster blues.

Great to hear you are getting weakfish like that shark hart. They are in the raritan bay but not schooled up like that yet. I hit the bay for the last 2 hours of the incoming tide tonight. Some deeper water looking for weakfish or stripers. Was getting a lot of spot and some giant sized croakers bigger than 1 1/2 lbs. Decided to throw out half a big spot letting the blood circulate in the water. Good thing I had my rod close to me ended up with a 12lb bluefish I was lucky I had 60 lb test for a leader and he got it in the corner of his mouth with a circle. Nice night out there although the water was a little dirty.