Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for July 2012....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for July 2012....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Tonight 7 to 9 PM 6 bass and 1 bluefish all on jig head and rubber Havoc paddle tail
    Great report, congrats on the bass (again) Finchaser
    My wacky report.
    I fished this morning ocean side from 2:30 - 8:00.
    Was delayed (stuck on the Driscoll Bridge ) for an hour and half. Fished one area for an hour and did not catch anything. Moved south about 10-15 miles. I proceeded to catch everything but what I wanted to catch .
    Caught a herring on a teaser, 3 Sea robins on teasers, a small blue fish on a teaser and then two rays (one on a teaser, ended up hooked on the tail....took a good 15 minutes and some strong runs to land), the other on J-rod 4 oz metal....when it hit the lure I think I saw it roll in the wave....., landed and released in 5 minutes. Was real happy how my rod and line held up to these fish as I had to really put it to them to stop the runs and get them off the bottom. Lost a few fish on long casts (small fish), missed a blow up on the Dookster . Was fun, no bugs, water not to hot, no one else out there until the sun came out. I had not caught a sea robin this year until last week (now I'm catching them on teasers in front of poppers) and I can't remember the last time I caught a ray.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Monty nice ray, at least your named after a fish

Well for Baitstealer's sake I will try and be like Dark and give a SKUNK report.

Fished this AM from 4 to 6:30 our little group caught Nada. This was not do to our presentation. We believe it was do to the position of the sun being on an off angle with the upcoming New Moon causing abnormal current.The wind turning on and off caused erratic cast distance. The lack of rain has raised the salinity of the water when factoring in the 78 degree water it has changed the molecular structure of the water to oxygen ratio.

Now that we got all that bullsh_t out of the way, the real reason the dirty weed infested water caused by the east and south winds pushed into the back and screwed things up. I'll be in search of the next pattern when i will report what I catch until then, Dark will entertain you with his bed time stories.

Here's a real eye opener cell phone/INTERNET fishing is over do to the death of way to many fish. This will mean people will have to search out patterns that produce fish on there own. Until a major storm, bait especially clams will not work, except for trash fish which will thrive with no bass to eat them. Most of the so called bass pro's, will go back to where they came from ,as they dream of next spring when they can do there mindless need no experience snag and drop that caused this from beach ,jetty and boat.
    Yep things are going back to how they use to be and it will get harder do to the lack of fish.Don't believe me check out your local beaches and jetties they are empty. You can read all the different BS stories written and posted it gets down to something really simple you can't catch what doesn't exsist.

Berkley is happy as Gulp sales are throgth roof as all the fluke fisherman gone wild have returned where they came from.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post

**But the real Finchaser
    secret.....
    First time revealed......

When fishing is slow, he takes the piece of rubber, reaches into his crotch, rubs the rubber a few times in the nether regions, so it carries an extra scent......

And when he takes it out and presents it to the fish, the scent trail is so pungent that the fish.....they cannot resist.....
    Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    ^^ Dark, I think if there any smells on the rubber it has to come from your direction. Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Great report, congrats on the bass (again) Finchaser
    My wacky report.
    Moved south about 10-15 miles. I proceeded to catch everything but what I wanted to catch .
    Caught a herring on a teaser, 3 Sea robins on teasers, a small blue fish on a teaser and then two rays (one on a teaser, ended up hooked on the tail....took a good 15 minutes and some strong runs to land), the other on J-rod 4 oz metal....when it hit the lure I think I saw it roll in the wave....., landed and released in 5 minutes. Was real happy how my rod and line held up to these fish as I had to really put it to them to stop the runs and get them off the bottom. Lost a few fish on long casts (small fish), missed a blow up on the Dookster . I can't remember the last time I caught a ray.
    Awesome reports guys! Strangely disturbing too. Finchaser I hope what Dark says is just more of his stories. Although they are enjoyed they are pretty creepy sometimes.

Monty nice ray, at least your named after a fish

Well for Baitstealer's sake I will try and be like Dark and give a SKUNK report.

Fished this AM from 4 to 6:30 our little group caught Nada. This was not do to our presentation. We believe it was do to the position of the sun being on an off angle with the upcoming New Moon causing abnormal current.The wind turning on and off caused erratic cast distance. The lack of rain has raised the salinity of the water when factoring in the 78 degree water it has changed the molecular structure of the water to oxygen ratio.

Now that we got all that bullsh_t out of the way, the real reason the dirty weed infested water caused by the east and south winds pushed into the back and screwed things up. I'll be in search of the next pattern when i will report what I catch until then, Dark will entertain you with his bed time stories.

Here's a real eye opener cell phone/INTERNET fishing is over do to the death of way to many fish. This will mean people will have to search out patterns that produce fish on there own.
    Spot on finchaser I don't know who is more entertaining you or dark! I am trying to fish at the end of the day lately. You can pick any beach and have it all to yourself. Even Sandy Hook. There is hardly anyone fishing at all. It seems like the only time they go fishing is when the internet reports are great. What happened to just getting out there and enjoying it all?

Here's a real eye opener cell phone/INTERNET fishing is over do to the death of way to many fish. This will mean people will have to search out patterns that produce fish on there own. Until a major storm, bait especially clams will not work, except for trash fish which will thrive with no bass to eat them. Most of the so called bass pro's, will go back to where they came from ,as they dream of next spring when they can do there mindless need no experience snag and drop that caused this from beach ,jetty and boat.
    Yep things are going back to how they use to be and it will get harder do to the lack of fish.Don't believe me check out your local beaches and jetties they are empty. You can read all the different BS stories written and posted it gets down to something really simple you can't catch what doesn't exsist.

Berkley is happy as Gulp sales are throgth roof as all the fluke fisherman gone wild have returned where they came from.

You're preaching to the choir finchaser. I hope every one of the cell phone tackle shop heroes quits and goes back to fluke fishing. **** them. btw nice catches fellas.

From the David Letterman show, Things that might tell you you're an Internet Fisherman:

1. Your best catches came when your friends called or texted you to "Get down here NOW!"
    2. Fishing more than an hour is boring unless there you can catch at least 2 50 pounders in a blitz. Otherwise, why bother?
    3. Your biggest catches come from snagging and dropping bunker.
    4. You always weigh in your big fish, even if you caught the same sized fish yesterday. Bonus points if you have at least five video weigh ins a month or update your friends on Facebook with your Epic fishing reports daily.
    5. Your fishing reports are sprinkled with the word EPIC FISHING! anytime you caught more than 5 fish.
    6. You consider yourself something of a striper expert. The minute they become hard to catch, you will be on the internet telling everyone how you are slaying those fluke. Your ego is so big you don't understand how much of a tool this makes you look like.

7. You post up reports like "fish on every cast" with regularity. You don't ask yourself how this is even possible to do, it's all good when you're an internet fisherman.

8. If it wasn't for clams, gulp, or bunker snags you wouldnt have any fish to eat.
    9. If it wasnt for cell phones and texting you wouldn't be able to catch a fish. Reading the beach? What for?
    10. You keep every fish you catch. Why worry about tomorrow, it's more important to hang that trophy today so your buds know you're the biggest swinging **** on the beach.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nada this AM but we found them tonight between 7:30 and 9PM I released 7 bass and 3 blues all caught on X- rap 12

^ Gotta give it to the old geezer, one of the sharpest casters in the old farts club....

I fished last night.......
    ....things were incredibly slow....managed a lone "Hail Mary" short bass at 3am,,,The night was spectacular for fishing, not so much for catching. If there was a menu for surfcasting conditions and I could have ordered from it, last night would have been it....everything that makes you about surf fishing, exept for the fish......cut the night short because I knew it was not gonna happen for that place and time after my Hail Mary fish.

Finchaser and Hookset those were some of the funniest posts I've read in a while.....as I get time I'm probably gonna copy them to some other threads, thanks for the laughs....

Pebbles told me to tell ya she read your post and it was "Epic", Fin,

. I proceeded to catch everything but what I wanted to catch .
    Caught a herring on a teaser, 3 Sea robins on teasers, a small blue fish on a teaser and then two rays (one on a teaser, ended up hooked on the tail....took a good 15 minutes and some strong runs to land), the other on J-rod 4 oz metal....when it hit the lure I think I saw it roll in the wave....., landed and released in 5 minutes. Was real happy how my rod and line held up to these fish as I had to really put it to them to stop the runs and get them off the bottom. Lost a few fish on long casts (small fish), missed a blow up on the Dookster . Was fun, no bugs, water not to hot, no one else out there until the sun came out. I had not caught a sea robin this year until last week (now I'm catching them on teasers in front of poppers) and I can't remember the last time I caught a ray.

Monty's now famous, ....congrats Bro...you gave Al a run for his $$.....
    As he was driving home, he told me about this guy who was mugging him on the beach. Every time Monty got a fish the guy was there to see what he was doing and how he was doing it (Monty was the only guy on the beach that got fish that morning......)

Later on, we discover it was Al.....

Good old Al....he may not be able to catch fish...but when someone else is....he's on it!

Good job Monty, you're now famous.....I can see seminars in your future......

Al Ristori's report......
    "I didn't catch anything in the surf this morning, but watched a surfcaster fight
    two snagged sting rays. Fortunately, he was using relatively heavy spinning tackle that enabled him to work the first ray that I'd estimate at 30 to 50 pounds and was snagged in the tail. He switched to a surface plug, and was working that hard when he hooked up with a sea robin that hit the fast-moving teaser on the surface. Then he went back to the original diamond jig, and amazingly snagged into another sting ray that he eventually cut off on the leader in the wash. "

Al Ristori's report......
    "I didn't catch anything in the surf this morning, but watched a surfcaster fight [/COLOR]two snagged sting rays. Fortunately, he was using relatively heavy spinning tackle that enabled him to work the first ray that I'd estimate at 30 to 50 pounds and was snagged in the tail. He switched to a surface plug, and was working that hard when he hooked up with a sea robin that hit the fast-moving teaser on the surface. Then he went back to the original diamond jig, and amazingly snagged into another sting ray that he eventually cut off on the leader in the wash. "[/COLOR]
    Dark I have no idea how you found that (you are "in the zone") . I thought that was so funny, talking about it with you and then you finding that. Like I was telling you after fishing the guy would mosey on over, see whats happening, hang out and make some casts close by then mosey on away. But was real nice, chit chatted a bit. While I was doing everything I could to get the first ray in we were joking and laughing a bit about it. Seemed like a nice guy. What a wacky small world, its always something crazy going on, every fishing outing (experience) is special .
    I read yours and Finchasers reports, real skill, getting bass when others have given up.
    Here I am, catching fish that I am not targeting, almost clown like (herring, sea robins, rays), and then having Al write about it. Another example (like rule number 26), of how to be a Googan.

Googan Rules
    Rule #26: While catching ridicules (not targeted) fish in unorthodox ways have an outdoor writer mug you (in a nice, pleasant way) and then write about it.......

Dark I have no idea how you found that (you are "in the zone") . I thought that was so funny, talking about it with you and then you finding that. Like I was telling you after fishing the guy would mosey on over, see whats happening, hang out and make some casts close by then mosey on away. But was real nice, chit chatted a bit. While I was doing everything I could to get the first ray in we were joking and laughing a bit about it. Seemed like a nice guy. What a wacky small world, its always something crazy going on, every fishing outing (experience) is special .
    I read yours and Finchasers reports, real skill, getting bass when others have given up.
    Here I am, catching fish that I am not targeting, almost clown like (herring, sea robins, rays), and then having Al write about it. Another example (like rule number 26), of how to be a Googan.

Googan Rules
    Rule #26: While catching ridicules (not targeted) fish in unorthodox ways have an outdoor writer mug you (in a nice, pleasant way) and then write about it.......

Monty, I'm obsessive...in a lot of ways...it drives Pebbles crazy...sometimes she wakes me up at night saying I was muttering about fish...as Steve said, at times it's tough to sleep through the night if I know the tide is good and conditions are right......so is it any wonder I connected Al's Story to you?

You were talking about getting mugged, and we were lamenting he wouldn't leave you alone.....
    At the time I had no idea, just thought he really desired the fish you were catching, you were on the Red X....ya know.....

So you're officially famous, congrats, and good job....

Mon night....
    I felt the conditions would be better, had to be out there as the new moon is approaching.

I would characterize it as a slow pick as there was no heightened period of activity.

Blind casting with the magdarter produced some fish, and some misses as well.
    The swell was as big as the other night, but duration of 8-9 seconds made it very fishable.
    Had to move to a few places to accumulate a total of 4 bass to 28", released.

Nice night and weather, steady W wind.

5 to 7am this morning released 7 bass and 3 bluefish all on plugs

Blind casting with the magdarter produced some fish, and some misses as well.
    The swell was as big as the other night, but duration of 8-9 seconds made it very fishable.
    Had to move to a few places to accumulate a total of 4 bass to 28", released.

Nice night and weather, steady W wind.
    5 to 7am this morning released 7 bass and 3 bluefish all on plugs
    The daily "congrats guys on the catching".

The daily "congrats guys on the catching".

Congrats to you I see my buddy Al put you in the paper,he was telling us about you but at the time I had no idea it was you

Tonight 7-9pm released 8 bass to 30" all on Yozuri Crystal Minnow

Finchaser has the record for summer bass so far. You are really tearing it up there. I'm getting ready to head out now. Dark you still in? Will look for you or try to call. Good luck all it was hot as heck today.

You were talking about getting mugged, and we were lamenting he wouldn't leave you alone.....
    At the time I had no idea, just thought he really desired the fish you were catching, you were on the Red X....ya know.....

So you're officially famous, congrats, and good job....

Monty can I have your autograph?
    It might be worth something someday. Maybe you will catch 3 rays in one morning.

Awesome reports guys. It has been so hot it's hard to get out there. Doesn't seem to bother you guys though, keep up the good work.

Fantastic reports here! I am jealous. Keep them coming. I am getting through the dog days by reading them.

Finchaser you are really kicking *** and taking names! Way to go guys! Monty I would like an autograph too please.

tonight 8 to 9 released 3 blues

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast