Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2012.....www.StripersandAnglers.com

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2012.....www.StripersandAnglers.com

fished the hook friday morning. blue fish chasing bait all over till 930 then that was it over.saw loads of mullet swimming by.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post

This whole lot of fishing for mostly nothing is getting old.
    Even the old timers I talked to hanging at the beach club the other day are getting tired of not seeing any real numbers of fish.

Get use to it,the bass are being wiped out and things are reverting back to how they use to be. I never thought that would happen again,lets here it for for the INTERNET and cell fisherman (especially the snag and drop kill everything group). Now they will have to learn to fish or quit hopefully the latter.

Also all the dredging is doing nothing but making huge sand bars that are holding the fish offshore.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Fished our front this morning 3:30 - 11:00, worked a good mile of the beach. Started off in normal form missing a solid hit on a plastic swimmer .
    Then around 5:15 picked up a short bass on the plastic swimmer. Then around 6:15 another short bass on the rubber teaser.
    Then when the sun came up I was in the middle of a ton of small bait. Half hour later bunch of swirls on the bait but I can't hook up.
    Saw lots of bait and some decent swirls on it as I fished back to where I started, I have been hopeless so far in catching fish that are chasing this small bait. Then around 9:30 was working a pencil and about 30 yards out I see a fish swiping at it. No hook up..then about 10 yards out the fish hits it and I see stripes . Was about 26 inches. Was a really fun trip, cooler weather was awesome. Decent sunrise too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012_10_7_sb2.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	15543

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012_10_7_sr1.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	15544
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Hey jigfreak what flavor(color) SP do you score best with been having a discussion with DS
    Red head, first light. And the magdarter has worked too and yellow bombers.

Fished last night into the morning, threw the bag, pulled the skunk duty,
    Monty nice report and fish. It appears you do know how to catch a bass, wtg, dude.

Get use to it,the bass are being wiped out and things are reverting back to how they use to be. I never thought that would happen again,lets here it for for the INTERNET and cell fisherman (especially the snag and drop kill everything group). Now they will have to learn to fish or quit hopefully the latter.

Also all the dredging is doing nothing but making huge sand bars that are holding the fish offshore.

Amen, finchaser! Fished nomoco AM. lots of bait perfect morning, Lame-o for fishing though, got blanked. Monty great report and pic, awesome sunrise. Catching is better than not.

Wow cool catching Monty congrats and nice pictures too!

Nothing for me this morning either. Nice catching Monty.

Could not agree with you more Finchaser.

Fished this morning ocean side 3:30-~9:30. Tons and tons and tons of small bait fish. One short bass on the rubber teaser in close (10 feet from beach) as it was chasing bait as the sun was rising. Hit hard and felt like a blue . Had one other real hard hit and missed (I need to really work on my reflexes and slam that hook home ). Nice morning, had a good time, fished with Rip (he stayed awake this time ). Saw the rod Finchaser made for him, real nice. Cardoc fished some too, was good to see him again.

Sunrise pic with small bait in close:

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Fished this morning ocean side 3:30-~9:30. Tons and tons and tons of small bait fish. One short bass on the rubber teaser in close (10 feet from beach) as it was chasing bait as the sun was rising. Hit hard and felt like a blue . Had one other real hard hit and missed (I need to really work on my reflexes and slam that hook home ). Nice morning, had a good time, fished with Rip (he stayed awake this time ). Saw the rod Finchaser made for him, real nice. Cardoc fished some too, was good to see him again.

Sunrise pic with small bait in close:

Monty catches a bass
    (BTW that's the new feeding window, precious half hour before sunrise unless you can find bait trapped in the pocket.)
    Monty loses a bigger fish (bring your gear to the Finchaser workshop for inspection)

Rip Doesn't fall asleep (how many 5 hour energy drinks did he have, my $$ says at least 4.....

Best sunrise pics I've seen.....beautiful.....I'll pray to King Neptune to send ya another one this week....
    Great report, Monty.....
    thanks for taking those other 2 Googans in tow, trying to get them a fish.....

For the record I had 1 energy drink. just 1 damn it. lol. anyway, the report Monty gave was spot on. There are NO REAL QUANTITIES of any type of fish in the surf at all so, with that, I am no longer fishing until Finchaser calls Killie and myself to tell us where the fish are. PS not walking 500 miles to the tip of Sandy Hook does help in ones staying awake while fishing. lmao. I will never ever ever do that **** again unless King Neptune Says So. Nice to see you again Ray and glad we fished.

Get use to it,the bass are being wiped out and things are reverting back to how they use to be.

I never thought that would happen again,

lets here it for for the INTERNET and cell fisherman (especially the snag and drop kill everything group).
    Now they will have to learn to fish or quit hopefully the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by fishjay View Post
    Could not agree with you more Finchaser.

I sometimes wonder if when I say these things it doesn't turn people off from reading the threads here.
    I can't help it, it's what I'm seeing.

I caught fish every month this year, but had to go to insane lengths to do it.
    It seems to me, not many are willing to talk about this till the middle of the winter, and folks are more willing to listen.

How could I talk about declining numbers, when they are crushing them at Montauk right now, you ask?

there are quite a few threads here that can give folks more info....

(Or. ya can just listen to the ones I quoted above, Finchaser and the OFFC..who among them have approx 200 years of Saltwater fishing experience...
    They've seen it all...the Rise and Fall.........learn from what they are saying, or ignore it, ,,,your choice...... )

Montauk
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?8039-Why-are-there-no-fish-in-Montauk-right-now

Where are the striped bass?
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?760-Where-are-the-Striped-Bass&highlight=bass

Striped bass migration
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...bass-migration

Fall back bay migration
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...shing-patterns

NJs resident bass why have they abandoned us?
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...y-abandoned-us

Feeling better today after a stomack virus so I played a hunch and gave it a shot from 5 to 6:30 PM and released 13 bass to 26" and 2 bigger 7# bluefish all on jig head and chartreuse havoc tail

Feeling better today after a stomack virus so I played a hunch and gave it a shot from 5 to 6:30 PM and released 13 bass to 26" and 2 bigger 7# bluefish all on jig head and chartreuse havoc tail
    Nice going Fin.

Got out last night fished from 6 to 10pm got 2 short bass and 2 nice keeper size fluke better then 19 inches maybe 21 inches. The fluke took the SP Minnow, and the Bass were on Strorm shad. Lots of bait where I was and seen lots of swirls. Anyone seen any sandeels yet?

Fished this morning out from 3:30 to 8:30. Water felt a little colder today. Breeze out of the north east. Got one short striper on an Ava 007 green tail around 8:15. Nice time, great weather (had other stuff to do today so trip was a little short, will be back out Thursday in the AM more than likely). No sunrise today.

finchaser didnt know you were sick hope you are feeling better. Nice going on the bass I don't think too many people catch as many as you do on a regular basis. monty you got bass 2 days in a row you're on a streak! vpass nice going too! Great pics keep them coming.

Fished tonight 5 to 7 PM released 11 bass to 8# all on jig head and chartreuse Havoc tail water down to 64 today. My partner released 16 tonight. Fish turned off as soon as it got dark for the second day in a row.

fished the hook this morning.rough water 6 onces was just holding bottom.4 bass 2small 2 keepers on clams.also got a drum.i think? pretty fish silver with black horizontal stripes about 6 lbs.

that was a sheeps head. the tackle store told me it was a druml

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast