Thread: Brookhaven bans fishing at Shoreham Beach!

Hybrid View

Thank you for your support Rich. But just so you know Supervisor Lesko did make all of the changes that he promised he would make last year. Unfortunately this year Shoreham Beach was hardly open due what they claim as being financial reasons and a lack of staffing. The offers that have not been fulfilled as of yet for this year were made by the Commissioner of Parks Ed Morris. As far as the issues at Broadway Ave. and Friendship Drive go in Rocky point we have to wait and see what the outcome will be regarding the Towns stance. We know exactly what we have to do no matter what their response is. Prior to doing anything we make sure we have all of our bases covered so we can adapt and overcome any obstacles that come our way. As far as the other issues go, the offers of improvements were put on the table and we were told by the Parks Commissioner that they were going to be taken care of immediately; so we will do what we can to have him held accountable for his actions or lack there of. Supervisor Lesko informed us that he will be speaking to Ed Moriss regarding those issues today. A non resident permit and drastically improved parking should be on the way in the near future.

Thanks for clearing that up, Tom, and continuing to play the political game. The few years that I've been covering fishermens' issues has taught me that sometimes the people at the top are aware of policy decisions by others, but appear to do nothing about it, and let the others take the blame. I didn't know if that was the case here, but I feel the top people should be held responsible, to a reasonable extent.

As you explained, that may not always be true. I'm glad to have help clarifying a perspective, and your analysis is always fair and balanced.

It must be frustrating at times, but you're right, in our society that's the way things get done. Keep up the good work, and let us know any time we can help provide support or publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Farrell View Post
    We know exactly what we have to do no matter what their response is. Prior to doing anything we make sure we have all of our bases covered so we can adapt and overcome any obstacles that come our way.

Sounds like a carefully thought out plan, almost military like in thoroughness. I'm glad you guys have it covered.