Thread: Kayak Trips and Fishing Reports 2013

Hybrid View

Default Re: Kayak Trips and Fishing Reports 2013

Dogfish you have more balls than I do because that looks pretty dangerous to me. To each his own. Good luck and be safe out there fellas.

Just got back from a trip to Salem Ma. Attended the Striper Shoot Out for the fifth year. What an absolutely beautiful area to fish. And a great Fun tourney! All about fishing and having fun.... Laid back group, and some wonderful folks up there. Fished Friday thru Sunday. It was so nice to take a break from bottom fishing. Friday was excellent with all shorts, but the fish are on steroids up there. Great fighting fish. Sat, a little slower and Sunday we found some bigger fish. If you ever get the chance and enjoy camping and launching a couple hundred yards from your campsite, give Winter Island in Salem a try. GREAT TRIP!

It's good to hear some Jersey folks came up to enjoy our beautiful beaches, shorelady. Salem Sound offers great fishing this time of year, from the Danvers River and Beverly Harbor all the way south to Ft Sewell. The water temps are great and the harbors and coves are full of bait. As you noticed the fish are aggressive. Glad you had a good time in our beautiful state.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    It's good to hear some Jersey folks came up to enjoy our beautiful beaches, shorelady. Salem Sound offers great fishing this time of year, from the Danvers River and Beverly Harbor all the way south to Ft Sewell. The water temps are great and the harbors and coves are full of bait. As you noticed the fish are aggressive. Glad you had a good time in our beautiful state.
    We had a really good group from Jersey and NY. Already thinking about next year. Wonderful structure. Can't say enough about Winter Island... My brother lives in Salem and kayak fishes... when he can.. So it always a great trip.

Nice report and account of your trip shorelady,Thanks for sharing, enjoyed it.

^^ Very nice report, Shorelady. Thanks for sharing with our members. Glad ya had a good time.

Eli was out Tue PM and got into some bass and big blues. Report and pics courtesy of Eli....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	134725 Aug 28 2013.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	17455

"Fished for a few hours last night, and the fishing was very good. Livelined some spot for a mixed bag of Weakfish, Stripers to 34" and managed to land my personal best Bluefish around 38". Fat tank, figured mid to high teens?

Lots of fun.

Incoming tide was best, and spots just off the bottom."

Man that is a GIANT!!!!!
    Congrats awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shorelady View Post
    Just got back from a trip to Salem Ma. Attended the Striper Shoot Out for the fifth year. What an absolutely beautiful area to fish. And a great Fun tourney! All about fishing and having fun.... Laid back group, and some wonderful folks up there. Fished Friday thru Sunday. It was so nice to take a break from bottom fishing. Friday was excellent with all shorts, but the fish are on steroids up there. Great fighting fish. Sat, a little slower and Sunday we found some bigger fish. If you ever get the chance and enjoy camping and launching a couple hundred yards from your campsite, give Winter Island in Salem a try. GREAT TRIP!
    Very nice report made me want to drive up to MA. About how much do the campgrounds charge for nightly sites?

$32.00 per night. Nice big sites. Not sure about RV's prices. Clean shower facilities also! General store also.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Dogfish you have more balls than I do because that looks pretty dangerous to me. To each his own. Good luck and be safe out there fellas.
    as dark mentioned its not about having balls or being the craziest one out there. Those who have that mentality end up dead or in trouble. These are calculated risks. You have to understand the tides and current very thoroughly at your launch and the areas you will be fishing. This is not for the kiddies, it is for advanced yakkers only. Every year some one gets in trouble by pushing their limits beyond their skill set. I like fishing at night because it is a lot more peaceful and I don't really like to fish in a plastic navy with others. But you have to have all your safety issues covered, cell phone, VHF radio, float plan, safety gear and lighting, etc. Be careful out there and you will be likely to come back safe and sound.

Awesome reports guys and gal's.