Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post

It was about the credibility of Finchaser and fishermen in his age group that have a wealth of experience.
They have fished it.
They have seen it.
They have lived it.
I try to focus on Fin and fishermen in his age group because it is my position that they know more than the scientists.
Many of them fish almost daily during the season.
Many of them fish twice a day.

It's my position that these guys are the ones who will get the first sense of when the bass stocks are in trouble, along with some other Capts and fishermen who have these decades of experience.

There are always those out there who want more proof before they believe.
I don't need more proof as I have seen my opportunities to catch suffer as well in the last years.
Some may disagree with that...I read all the time when guys fishing surf or from boats talk about fantastic years.
They may seem fantastic, if you have only been fishing for a few years and that is your only perspective.

Overall, if you start interviewing groups of 50-80 year old fishermen, who have fished regularly and consistently in the salt for all their lives, you will get a sense that there are less fish.......although we as fishermen disagree on many things, this is the recurrent theme each time I meet and interview another fisherman from this age range.

So....
Again I submit that these guys, fishing as much as they do,,,,know more than the scientists.
When folks try to shoot that down, and discount that, I believe they are being irrational.

This is why I have made it my mission to keep presenting the views of others.
It is not about my views here.....After all I am basically a googan who is obsessed about fishing, resulting in a few lucky nights and weekends out there...
And I know I rub some folks the wrong way.....I am well-known on the internet, not for my fishing reports,, but my strong opinions.....
As I get older I try to choose my words more carefully, but I would rather be honest than phony. Anyone who knows me well knows that you can ask me any time for honest opinions and advice, and I will give it.

Keeping the focus off of me is a good thing...as I want folks to know that there always anglers out there who are vastly superior to me in terms of knowledge and experience......

** Most important point....that these other anglers are worth listening to....and their words of caution should be heeded before it's too late.....