Thread: Bait fishin: Aggressive or Not?

Hybrid View

I ONLY fish bait when I am stationary. If I am at the beach with my wife and she would like me to spend some time with her without walking the beach plugging I will toss some clams or chunks. Usually to sea robins and just to feed the crabs. I change it after every beer or after a few beers, whenever I remember.

I know it has its time and place but I just can not stand there and not be doing something. It irritates me. I have no idea how Dark Skies can stand in one spot for very long at all. He is Mr. Caffeine.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankiesurf View Post
    I change it after every beer or after a few beers, whenever I remember. frankiesurf's motto,,, one beer, one clam, one bass,,,

It irritates me. I have no idea how Dark Skies can stand in one spot for very long at all. He is Mr. Caffeine.

Yup Dark, you know caffeine is a drug too. Maybe you should start a thread who knows Mr Caffeine?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wiredenergydrink.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	6327

for me any kind of fishing is not agressive i am so relaxed fishing any way shape or forme so i dont see how some people get so out of wak i dont get it thats my 2 cents

DS, "Good things come to those who wait." I hope you are aware that there is more than one way to skin a cat.

With all this rain we are having I am back to bait fishing. I have been using clams, so far no luck. I will try an area for an hour, and them move. The areas I fish have been quiet at night, so at least I can have some solitude.

I was looking back over this post and reminded of Ernie Wuesthoff. He and some other fellows would sometimes walk/jump the clam to get it to the exact spot in the hole they wanted. In that sense I would say you need to be aggressive. Active is probably a better word. There are many fishermen who will dead stick 7 rods and take a nap. You need to be ready for the moment of the strike or you could miss the hit.

I like to walk and cast but, If I have heard of more of a bait bite I will definately soak bait.

Quote Originally Posted by clamchucker View Post
    I was looking back over this post and reminded of Ernie Wuesthoff. He and some other fellows would sometimes walk/jump the clam to get it to the exact spot in the hole they wanted. In that sense I would say you need to be aggressive.
    Even though I don't bait fish much, I liked that tip, it makes sense. Thanks clamcchucker.