Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: MEAT MEN of New Jersey

^^^^ Come on monty that's only 18 fish. That's only a drop in the bucket isn't it? there are millions of stripers out there.
    When you take the charter or private catches and figure that the charter goes out twice a day, x 18, x at least 50 charters active along nj any given day, thats a lot of bass. No need for a bonus tag they should do away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by basshunter View Post
    That's only a drop in the bucket isn't it? there are millions of stripers out there.
    They said the same thing about the buffalo there were millions and millions of them too. Kill them all then the charters will have to sell their boats. They only want to learn the hard way it will be their own fault when it crashes.

My .02. Some men don't feel like they are true men unless they catch the boat limit of meat. Always has been and always will be that way. Nothing much any of us can do to change it.

Slaughterhouse charters.

What about the bucktail kid? Has anyone ever seen him throw a keeper back? Do you need to fill the bonus tag every time? Come on dude! doesn't he have anyone in his life to show him a good example?

^^Teaching from the Great Confucious-
    Early to bed,
    early to rise, keep all the bass, and eat french fries. gents don't hassle the 17 year old kid if you looked like that and couldn't get laid you would fish for bass all the time too. He probably only killed 200 bass this year tops. Thats not a lot.

He has to be selling some of those fish.

There is no way one family could or would want to eat so much fish so often

He wouldn't be the first fisherman who sold bass to support a hobby or supplement income...certainly wouldn't be the first to get caught doing it.

A real fisherman reports all his outings or none...the good and the bad.

If I only reported my good outings I'd look like a hero too...

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    A real fisherman reports all his outings or none...the good and the bad.

If I only reported my good outings I'd look like a hero too...
    Amen. I'm very suspicious of any fisherman who catches or limits out on every trip. the best charter capts, best party boat capts, all have days where they ****. It's a part of lifes cycle. I don't get skunked that often and this year most of the times out there I'm coming up empty. When you have the personality that you only report "crushed the fish" "limited again!" it shows its all about your ego and stroking yourself over and over. If it was about the fish you wouldnt see the chest beating.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    " it shows its all about your ego and stroking yourself over and over..

My momma always told me if I stroked it too much I would get hairy palms.

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    My momma always told me if I stroked it too much I would get hairy palms.
    Didn't know harry palm. I was very familiar with rosy palm and her 5 daughters in my early teen years.
    I don't understand how you call yourself a bucktail kid or something like that, make and promote bucktails, and then don't have any bass pics with your homemade bucktails hanging out of there mouths. The best way to promote your product is to have them attached to fish. Whats up with that?

lol used to call her Rosie Palm. Friend to every adolescent teen.

Monday Charter. 6 pack with bonus tags. Maybe I can't count but it looks like 18 bass here. Everyone has to fill a bonus tag every chance they get?
    Meat meat meat meat meat meat - will there be anyting left after these charters keep filliing the bonus tags?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monger nov 11.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	17712

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    Meat meat meat meat meat meat - will there be anyting left after these charters keep filliing the bonus tags
    No. What a season for the surf caster, bass getting slaughtered by boats, rips getting dredged, jettys getting covered. One hell of a fall run.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

I agree monty. We still have a few fish around. How many guys do you see on the beach filling the bonus tags tho? Hardly any, . There is one capt in highlands who advertises limits with bonus tags every time out. What will that guy do for a living when they close the bass down for a year?

Name:	6 man limit plus 5 bonus 11-13-13.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	17717Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6man limits plus 3 bonus 11-12-13.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	4.5 KB 
ID:	17718
    some more meat pics with bonus tags

captree pride today 100 dead stripers

Name:	captree pride nov 14 2013 .jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	17721

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    , . There is one capt in highlands who advertises limits with bonus tags every time out. What will that guy do for a living when they close the bass down for a year?
    True, every time out he advertises hes filling the bonus tags. Why do your advertising that way? Why not encourage clients to keep 2? Today they got bass to 22 pounds. 2 bass to 22 pounds isn't enough to fill the freezer? come on

2 bass to 22 is plenty. We should really do away with the bonus tag. Guys don't like the thought of gillnetters selling fish. When you take your 3rd fish you become as bad as a commercial fisherman. From what I understand the commercial guys had that quota and are not allowed to fish for stripers in jersey. Get rid of the bonus tags and you will see less dead stripers. my .02

^^ I think your right. Totally onboard with them doing away with the bonus tags.

You guys should remember that the Capt has to do what the fares want or they will not come back.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast