before I tried my hands at building my own,I bought several bulk buys of capt bills atoms and pro series swimmers.
I did not expect any to be bad and none of them were.
my partner also did the same and he did have one shed it's paint after several chopper attacks but that was it.
I refinished it for him and it's been as solid as a rock.

so,for me I must say that they are good.
I also must say that if there is anyone on this site that has bad words to say about them,I'll take them all off your hands!!
just pm me and I'll send you my mail info!

ya know,I kinda believe that some guys get brainwashed into thinking that such plugs are junk and then say they are even though they have had no problems at all with them.
most guys say such all over the web and the fact is that it's just not so.all of mine[28 pieces] have performed well,some did need to be tuned but they have not lost paint or cracked or anythng else.

I honestly beleve that it's jst bad words from some that affect the ideas of others.
shoot,I have some tops shelf plugs[4 total] that arent cheap and them bastges cracked from stem to stern!,,I won't mention any names but I simply retopcoated them and kept right on fishing,they still work and I am still happy with them,,,will I buy any more of them??,,,nope,,will I make any more of my own??,,damn skippy!

R-P