Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2013...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    If you want a shot at nice fish its better to chase these fish and fish all day. I couldn't do that today had to work.
    Sounds too much like work to me. You can limit out on a boat in less than an hour. Why spend all that time chasing them from the beach?

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Sounds too much like work to me. You can limit out on a boat in less than an hour. Why spend all that time chasing them from the beach?
    Because it's a lot more of a challenge and way more fun.
    Great reports all.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

OFFC fished NoMoCo yesterday late afternoon into the dark. Saw lots of birds and fish. The fish just seemed to be out of our casting range.

^^^^^ Same experience for me this morning. Only had 2 hours to fish.There was some nice activity but they never came in. Today was a morning of fishing not catching. Nice sunrise.

Ocean county 3-5am incoming tide. 3 to 13#, metal lip swimmer. Kept one it was like a football. Stuffed full with sandeels about 7" long.

Damn its refreshing to hear there are some bass on the coast. I fished brigantine from 6-7:30am. Had bunker on one rod and was tossing an ava with teaser on the other. Got a few hickory shad, Please send some of those bass down this way.

Must of made a wrong turn this morning went to moco and I was the only one on the beach. Worked some plugs in the dark and then metal. Nothing for me.

Fished moco to nomoco early today. One 27" bass on a bucktail. Any of the areas I checked were dead by 8am. Seems like it iis limited right now will try again this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Because it's a lot more of a challenge and way more fun.
    Great reports all.

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Why spend all that time chasing them from the beach?
    If I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand it anyway.

Picked up 2 bass before sunset tonight. ocean county. One 32" one 33". Rubber tsunami eels. Kept the 32", These fish are nice and fat and fresh from out east. Lots of fun.

Did the boat thing today in a tournament and we crushed them 3 people 38 bass of which 33 were keepers of which 25 were over 13# plus about 10 bluefish. Bass came in from the mud hole to Island Beach 65' of water. They didn't follow coast as they were full of butter fish as was told to me by a mate on head boat who crushed them yesterday. People using sand eel stuff didn't score well. There was no life near shore. We kept 2 fish and placed 3rd with a 19# bass all others were released . Once again fished hard from 6am to 5pm fish were trucking south . Sent DS a picture.

All Manasquan bass head boats also the Golden Eagle and Belmar Princess were all down as far south as Barnegat inlet tells you how good jersey is north of Barnegat.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Sounds like a fun day but it's going to take Dark forever to post that picture.

Wow you guys really put in a long day finchaser! Congrats on the 3rd place. After reading all the reports I was in such a hurry to get down that I forgot some of my stuff. Had only a rod and some plugs so thats what I went with. Got one 29" bass on a old rebel. Great night to be out and it wasn't that cold. Fish is still swimming.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    There was no life near shore. .
    Noticed the same thing as well.
    Nice work finchaser we fished in the PM today between the shrewsbury rocks and point. It was spotty at times however we did ok by jigging on marks and trolling when it was slow. Finished up with 8 bass to 13pounds, two in the box for dinner. Boy these fish were fat. 2 of them were skinny and covered with sea lice. Hope they stay for awhile. Good going on placing in the tourney.

Well I was on my way to hit seaside to fish with my buddy Mike. I texted him I was on my way and he texted back that his waders were not dry (he put some wader repair glue on a small hole) and wanted to hit the south jetty instead. I left my korkers in my house so I turned around to get them. I stopped at a redlight, and by this time I was talking to mike on the phone via my in car system (so it was hands free) for some odd reason I leaned down towards my center console and as I did that I was hit in the rear by a jeep. It smashed the back end of my truck. I can't even get to my rods because the tailgate wont open and I have a tonneu cover on the bed. Scared the crap out of me! All I can think about though is the provisions of a merciful God. If I had been sitting up I would probably have severe whiplash. He hit me hard. The guy says " I thought you were going.." Going where? the light was red, lol! Oh man what a night. Cant sleep. The accident happened at 2am. There, that's my report.

Damn Rob sorry to hear that....that sucks but thank god your ok...My report:I can't seem to get this skunk off my back!!! Fished 730-11 met up with my bud Dave.. we fished 3 spots dave nailed 2 nice fish when I first met up with him at spot 1.. 28.5 and a nice 34in.. So fish were around just no love for me! We both struck out at the other stops..figured we would water was way out with the moon..I knew that first hour was the key time to get'em..Hope to break this streak SOOOON!!

The OFFC went to NOMOCO yesterday. After trying many spots we settled on on spot with no people around. after trying for an hour or so some bait and birds appeared in front of us.
    One of us hooked up and out of the sand came about 20 of our closes friends. They really wanted to say hello badly and almost didn't allow my friend to land his fish . This fiasco lasted about 15 minutes and my freinds did catch about a half dozen small bass. Finally it was over and almost dark and our freinds faded back in to the sand where they came from.

We then could go back to fishing unmolested which was what we were hoping for. By this time it was dark and we started to throw bomber plugs and low and behold we got lucky and had a good pick of bass to 18# for about an hour. It felt really good to get rid of the skunk that had been riding with us for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
    Well I was on my way to hit seaside to fish with my buddy Mike. I texted him I was on my way and he texted back that his waders were not dry (he put some wader repair glue on a small hole) and wanted to hit the south jetty instead. I left my korkers in my house so I turned around to get them. I stopped at a redlight, and by this time I was talking to mike on the phone via my in car system (so it was hands free) for some odd reason I leaned down towards my center console and as I did that I was hit in the rear by a jeep. It smashed the back end of my truck. I can't even get to my rods because the tailgate wont open and I have a tonneu cover on the bed. Scared the crap out of me! All I can think about though is the provisions of a merciful God. If I had been sitting up I would probably have severe whiplash. He hit me hard. The guy says " I thought you were going.." Going where? the light was red, lol! Oh man what a night. Cant sleep. The accident happened at 2am. There, that's my report.

That is terrible!!! The last thing you need is to have your fishing trip interrupted by someone who was careless. Hope you are feeling ok!!

Fished 5-5 monty marathon. There was a 35 minute bite where I was... started at first light. Bass busting on rainfish at my feet, and sand eels 100' out. It was very humbling as none of us on the beach could hook up despite throwing everything that made sense, and some things that didn't.

Finally managed 2 short bass, one on 4" swimmer, the other on sand eel jig.
    Spent the rest of the overcast day, perfect conditions, scouting new sand bars and trying like hell to catch one of the 10# bluefish that were around and eating sand eels and bunker. Thrill of the day was when I saved a big burly fisherman who fell in the surf fighting a big bluefish, and was getting washed away. Story in another thread. Also finally got to meet Bill Massey, one of the NJ fly fishing greats.

Small bass were periodically feeding on sand eels 200yds out for most of the day, sadly out of reach of most surf fishermen.
    Failed at my quest to find a big bluefish ...when the wind shifted to hard s the surf bite was done.

It appears the solid bite that existed for 2 days has vanished into the morning mist, at least for right now, for the N NJ surf guys and gals....

Rob,sorry to hear the news..glad you are ok..let me know if you are going fishing and need to borrow any gear....I'm sure some of our members could help ya out as well....

Same thing for me. Put in an all nighter with nothing to show for it. Then finally right before dawn I got a solid hook-up, i was so excited I nearly S**T myself the fish was running up and down the beach! It seemed like forever (it was only about 2or 3 minutes) I get the fish into the wash it takes another couple of small runs, I finally get it onto the beach! IT'S A FRIGGIN DOGFISH! Idon't usually do this being the nature lover Iam but I was so pissed I kicked it back into the surf! Then the sun was coming up and I can start to see shadows in the water moving from the north, birds started working fins slapping just within casting range small bait flurrying in small pods. I thought this is it! the big blitz I have been working so hard for. At this point the daytime guys started crowding the beach. Everybody is frantically throwing everthing in the surf bag. An yet I myself could not hook-up if my life depended on it. My only consolation was that every fish that was landed (by other fishermen) was not a keeper from my view. My arm was ready to just fall off, exhausted and tired I put my tail between my legs and went home. A very frustrating night to say the least. My shoulder is still sore and my ego is damaged. POOR, POOR, me.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast