Report 11/1/13

As I said there are certain windows you know you should be out there...
So I had to settle for last night...by the end of the night I was glad I did.....

I only wanted to fish for a few hours....
I was successful...but it was a very slow pick on the ebb tide.....managed one about every 15 minutes, for a total of 4 short bass at that location.

The bite died at slack....
Did some more scouting...

The building S wind really hampered my style and presentation.....
At 20mph it was barely fishable, and I managed some more.....feisty chunky fish, all short, but clean and fresh from the sea.....
As the wind gusts approached 25-30 mph it became an exercise in insanity to continue......I pushed on but was getting sandblasted and could barely keep in contact with my line.......

Eventually I gave it up....I believe the fish were still there but presentation was almost impossible....managed 8 more fish at that location.

** Not looking to pick on or critize anyone's comments here, but in my experience, when you find a good body of fish at night....you want a somewhat stable weather pattern. Unless they are stacked up somewhere and pushing bait..a stable weather pattern, like a hard NW or W....is much better for getting high numbers....if that was the case last night, I believe I could have doubled or tripled the numbers easily as the fish were very aggressive on the bucktail and grub,,,,,hammering it as I dragged it across a certain area......and for some reason would not hit the shad that readily....though they did hit finchaser's secret rubber recipe as well.....

Total:
Managed 12 fish
....all short, some close to legal.....
Conditions:
Not bad at first, slightly windy, S....but more rain at my house than when fishing...and the rain held up for most of the night...really nice fall conditions...except for the lousy S wind,.gradually building to unfishable... This really sucked and had me silently regretting I had not made a sacrifice to the Wind Gods before I left home...

All newly arrived fish...believe me these fish weren't here 10 nights ago, because I was looking hard for them.
Lots of fun and relief for my brain, good to get a bend in the rod again...