Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Thanks for the kind words. Fished moco twice yesterday. Skunked both times. It's been low water when I got out and I probably should have adjusted. As others said the water was pretty clean. Just checked it an hour ago and it's not really fishable right now unless you can find a lee from the S/SE winds. Straight 20mph with stronger gusts.

Gave it a later start this morning to find a better spot in the tide. Fished 10-12. Still nothing for me. Didn't see much life or birdplay where I fished. Water cleaned up a bit but there is still some big dirty surf. Further out it is flat and should be cleaned up by the next tide cycle. Wind has shifted to straight West.

Three of us fished MOCO and OC noon till dark. Caught the skunk in both counties. Our last stop in OC neither of us had a hit even though we saw enough shad jumping to indicate the presence of small bait. Saw nothing when we were up north except six party boats close together about a mile off Sandy Hook.

Me too fished nomoco this morning. Great weather but the wind was from the north I don't remember doing that well on a north wind. No stripers, a few hickory on the teaser. I see the skunk is running rampant here! Someone please find a fish soon I'm thinking about scuba gear and a harpoon next.

How do we say this? Beautiful white water lol the East winds cleared out the beaches there were guys all over last weekend now it looked like offseason, Luckily I had a plan B in the Bay, had a decent bite going amazing I got any cause i couldn't feel anything in the stiff cross wind, but they were hitting with authority.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2356.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	19839Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2341.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	19840
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2342.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	19842Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FotoFlexer_Photo1121.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	19843
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF2345.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    had a decent bite going amazing I got any cause i couldn't feel anything in the stiff cross wind, but they were hitting with authority.

Nice going there thats what I'm talking about! Seems like you found a bunch good for you man! I fished a lot of beaches last night. Somoco, moco, nomoco. 1-6am near the top of the tide. Got one in moco around 3am and one a few minutes ago. Both fish about 23". They could have been twins. Bucktail and white grub. Seems to still be a few scattered stripers if you want to walk the beaches and cast. Also got a few hickories on the teaser. Only one other guy out there. As you said the spotty fishing and tough winds kept a lot of guys home. Shifted to west winds so it should be easier today.

Good job gents. moco from 5-7p. Skunk but I did not fish bucktails or shad - just plugs. I forgot to bring my box that held them. Won't make that mistake again.Duh. sharkhart I liked what you said about the stripers hitting with authority.

A little too much family celebrating yesterday so I didn't make it out this morning fellas. Just letting you know there was a fair sunrise bite in the park today on bunker and heads. Friends of mine got one keeper apiece on heads. I might either go out there for the high tide in the afternoon or early tomorrow. Good luck.

Two of us gave NOMOCO a try and came up empty. Plugged a good stretch of beach for a couple of hours till dark. Did not see any bait or anyone else catch anything.

Decided to switch it up and fish moco tonight. Fished a few places. 3-8:30. pretty damn cold out there. One short on rubber shad. If I figured all the miles I walked and gas burned to catch that one striper I would probably quit for the year. At least I get to go home with a fish smell on my hands so my wife actually believes I'm fishing. This fall is the PITS! OK rant over.
    shark hart loved the report you give us hope!

This weekend will tell 5 club surf only tournament, last year no keepers were caught

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I returned to the bay sunday same tide stage with improved weather and no fish there. Usually the bay bites repeat until a sharp change in weather. Never used to just be gone the next day. Fished out front as sun came up and had one on for one sec and thats all in the big white water

There are reports coming in of snagged sand eels on lures saw a pic of one. Something might be brewing. Ocean county

now it looked like offseason
    Nice catches.The only good thing about lousy fishing is it keeps 90% of the chase only crew on the couch.

43" - 36lb fish from the other week.

Took a 4" Tsunami swim shad in the middle of a schoolie bass feeding frenzy on peanuts (I'm afraid to use the word blitz - lol).

It's over - no need to go looking for these fish.

Click on the image below to watch video.

Wow nice fish thats a pig. Definitely a true cow nice work. Morning or late afternoon and if I could ask what tide have you had more success on? thanks and congrats!

holey todelo! Beautiful striper man great catch.

Sweet fish that must have been some fight in that current

Sweet fish that must have been some fight in that current
    Yep, at first I thought I had snagged the big seal we had seen feeding on the small bass & peanuts. These were particularly small fish and I didn't see another keeper caught all day and most fish were under 24". I kept getting missed on the 6" shad so I downsized to the 4" shad which has a tiny hook.

At first it just started to pull drag off the reel like I snagged a branch or seal. Then about five seconds later I could feel the fish starting its run and the big long tail sweeps.

I knew right away it was a good fish and resisted tightening the drag down. I got very nervous as the fish was headed towards the bridge but I knew if I tightened the drag any more I would be posting a picture of a bent hook. It got about 20 yards from the bridge before she stopped pulling drag.

NICE FISH jbarbosa! WOW she is fat.
    Just getting ready to start now wish me luck guys.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast