Thread: Flaming Skull weave

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Doublerunner View Post
    Thank you. If I charged by the hour then no one would buy one. It's a passion and I enjoy doing them. Plus I don't want to mass produce them so I just build them one at a time and really try to get into each one so that it has it's own flair. Maybe that is why I have 5 rods to build right now which will take me most of the winter probably. If you think that was intricate wait until you see the next one I am doing. It's a custom 9/11 theme with a matching guide and butt wrap. 8 colors. It is going to be awesome.
    \

Can't wait to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by vpass View Post
    \

Can't wait to see it.
    Hopefully soon. 8 colors. 444 individual threads. Over 200 turns. About 3/4 done now on the weave. Still have to do the dec wrap and guides after that. I'll post up the weave when it is done
    Enjoy the Journey

9/11?
    I would love to see that. Look forward to the pics when done.

Finished off the 9/11 weave last night about midnight. Had to cut it off unfortunately. I made some mistakes in my patterns design and no way of salvaging yet. I am re-designing it on mjy computer right now to correct the problem areas. About 40 hours weaving down the drain but I want it to be perfect

Oh well. Still learning
    Enjoy the Journey

Quote Originally Posted by Doublerunner View Post
    Finished off the 9/11 weave last night about midnight. Had to cut it off unfortunately. I made some mistakes in my patterns design and no way of salvaging yet. I am re-designing it on mjy computer right now to correct the problem areas. About 40 hours weaving down the drain but I want it to be perfect

Oh well. Still learning
    40 hours. 444 treads. Holy cows. Probably need a few days off before attempting again.

are you using special software. or the old fashion grid paper. I can't imagine 444 treads.

Nice job on the weaves, sorry to see you lost that 9-11
    I only fish on days that end in Y
    Richie

Default Re: Flaming Skull weave

Doublerunner. What software are you using to create your weaves. I'm about to do a 13'0" heaver for Cape Hatteras and I got to do the skull. I've looked for weaves, and I think your skull is the only thing I think I can put on the rod. Awesome work.