Thread: Ernie Wuesthoff is gone

Hybrid View

RIP my old friend

He always had a kind word and a heart of gold, and lets not forget there were always fish just across the road.

Ernie was the originator of the Sneaky Pete fluke rig used exclusively in the surf.
    One of the most effective bait rigs ever, written about by Milt Rosco in many of his books and how to articles.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Rip

Default A story a day

He seemed like a good guy. I didn't know him as a friend or anything like that, but he had reports about the fish he caught when ever you walked in the place. He was funny too. I didn't realize he was that old. He had a good run. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

Ernie was a fixture in the ocean county surf. He fished almost every day of the season. He would help or give advice to anyone. Sorry to hear the news. Rest in peace.

Great memories of that place. Ernie would talk your ear off. When you asked him for a report, he would say "Yeah, we're catching them every morning!" Decent prices too. RIP.

Rip sir.

This is a terrible loss for us here on earth but an added blessing to the heavens. RIP Ernie.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    RIP my old friend

He always had a kind word and a heart of gold, and lets not forget there were always fish just across the road.

Ernie was the originator of the Sneaky Pete fluke rig used exclusively in the surf.
    One of the most effective bait rigs ever, written about by Milt Rosco in many of his books and how to articles.
    RIP in memoriam Ernie. Thanks for the sneaky pete pic FC. He was a hell of a character. Miss him

Rip

I missed this, thanks for bringing it to the top again in memoriam, people.

I was at his wake.....there were a lot from the fishing community who went as well. He was a guy who I sometimes griped about the hype he put into his reports.....yet every time I was in Ocean County, I found some excuse to visit his shop and shoot the breeze with Ernie.......

The enthusiasm he put into his daily reports and describing the fish he caught was something that was rare, even by today's standards. He loved to fish, even as he got older and his health started to deteriorate. I hope I can still bring that enthusiasm to fishing, should I be lucky enough to live to the age he did.....

Miss ya, Ernie.....
    and I know your family must miss you terribly.......
    It's through these comments and recollections that your memory lives on...
    See ya in heaven one day.......

Yes he was a good soul and a good person. Every year another one of us passes on to the great beyond. Let's not forget the sneaky pete rig was a smart innovation. RIP Ernie.

I was just thinking of Ernie the other day. Bringing this to the top..... In January he will have been gone 6 years. How time flies...... I would not have realized it has been that long until I checked. RIP Ernie, and I hope to reach out to some of your family soon.

"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau.