Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for June 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for June 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Thats a hella lot of crabs john nice work. Cool elver pic too never found them that small.

Fished SH 2am to around 7am Sat. morning 6 blues, 3 fluke, 3 huge searobins, and 2 skates. NO BASS. Small swimmer, broken back, popper and of course the always reliable teaser.

Fished this morning 1:30 to 7:30.
    One blue on black teaser at 1:45, took teaser off as to try to catch a bass.
    A couple bumps, solid hit and miss on a speedy plug.
    The sky started to light up and I caught 10 blues, 9 on top water plugs, biggest around 31 inches.
    Great fun, love the top water action.
    Left when I heard some thunder.
    Water was murky.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Nice going mike and monty. Hope those blues stick around for awhile.

Good work fellas. Shark how big were the fish?

Awesome reports! I went out yesterday, too windy for the surf. It was like 20 degrees colder at the beach. 2 blues on metal. Going further north next time. jb nice crabs made me hungry to look at that pic. Old bay mmmmmmmmm!

Great reports dudes John those crab pics made me hungry too!

Fished in cape may from 5 to 7:15. Got the junkfish round robin, skates, doggies, and birds. Clams and bunker.

Surferman they should give awards for that I have done that too! Nice reports fellas thanks for sharing them. Felt like I was there with the description of the action. Love those blues! love those crabs too JB!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    ^ The great thing about the action is it's the first time this year, that I have seen real aggressive topwater action like that.....
    *The blues tore the hell out of Surfstix' Popper.... (which made her sad, she wants me to ask Surfstix to paint it again....custom pink popper he made for her got bashed to pieces... )
    Pebbles got real bummed when I forced her to temporarily switch out her Finchaser rod with a longer one saying "it would not be the same, there is nothing like a Finchaser rod" (her exact words)...but in this AM rough wind we needed longer rods for distance....
    I did have a great time. Met Monty , Vpass , Mike and few others. I caught about 10 fish but for some reason had trouble landing about 10 as well.

The one thing I could do well was cast.
    I learned from Finchaser .

He taught me how to "Load the rod" correctly which really gives me distance. I was very sad that my Finchaser rod had to stay in the car. I just love that thing. It is the perfect weight for me and helps keep my shoulder from really hurting.

Yes, my surfstix popper got totally destroyed. It was custom made just for me. It was my favorite shade of pink with a beautiful pattern and my name on it. Those darn blues had the nerve to rip my plug apart! Well on the good side it showed what a great plug maker Surfstix is. If you ever get a chance to get your hands on one you better scoop it up.

Thanks for taking me Dark I had SO much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by surferman View Post
    Fished in cape may from 5 to 7:15. Got the junkfish round robin, skates, doggies, and birds. Clams and bunker.
    one mans junkfish is another mans treasure! LOL! dogfish are like sunnys but a lot more fun for the kids. I took my Cousin and his two teenage boys (who flew in from New Mexico) to go "SHARK" fishing. I was busy baiting hooks and taking fish off lines etc, It was great to see the kids so happy to catch good sized dogfish One boy caught a flounder- I was about 40-50 feet from him helping his brother and I thought he got a skate. So now I got a flounder hole to go for LOL! the action got slow. Their dad lost 2 of my rigs (as he always looses something of mine when we fish- lures, rigs etc) one of the rods, a brand new one, first time being used broke just above where they come together. Ended up with just 2 rods in the water before the rain and ominous clouds rolled in. Thanks weatherman for yet another wrong forecast. All in all a great day fishing. Hopefully 2 young men have come to appreciate the wonderful sport of fishing. As for the report- we were in LBI. Last outgoing tide. No bass.

Great to hear they got ripped apart Dark and Pebbles that's what they are for.It is all about the fun you have with them not that they got destroyed, it is just a piece of wood and some paint they are replaceable.But if they sit on a shelf the memories won't be same, put the destroyed ones on the shelf with a picture I'll send you another.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

^^ Thanks Surfstix, glad you are ok with that...When Pebbles sees this hope she'll understand....
    I told her I would repaint the one that got bashed up, and paint really didn't matter....but she said...."Yeah but you won't paint it as good as Surfstix would! "

Women,,,no matter what we do......we somehow need to do more.....I love her anyway...and was glad she could come out with me and share the trip. ...and when she reads this I want to let her know how lucky I am that she puts up with me....and will re-paint that plug this week.....

Thanks again Surf.!...

Report 6-4-13 AM
    Fished 2-8 am, made several stops. First 3 stops got covered up with weeds, almost every cast. Finally found a place with no weeds, but the wind was horrendous for presentation. Steady 20 mph N throughout the night, higher gusts. For sunrise I went to a place that offered a bit of a lee from the wind (5th stop), but the water was dirty and presentation was still a problem.

Just as I was about to leave I noticed birds on fish about 1/2 mile out in the bay.....they were moving quickly but the fish were there, just too far out with no chance of coming in.....mocking me...

Made another stop on the way home......stop #6....was casting for awhile and one of the old timers shows up, the guy who spoke at Chuckwagon Chuck Kababick's funeral...it was nice sharing some memories with him...and fortunate as Pebbles and I found some gear the other day when we were fishin. We left a note at the spot with my phone # but no one ever called me. Didn't yet get a chance to post it here in the lost and found. In the course of our conversation I asked him if he was fishing the other day and if he left somethiing behind...Yep, he did...so it was reunited with him again....

Always a pleasure to fish with one of the old timers.....a real gentleman, old school...
    Unfortunately we didn't do much at that spot either. His decades of experience could not raise a fish. Me throwing a shad produced only one biteoff from a bluefish. Switched to bucktail when that happened as I'm cheap and don't like to sacrifice rubber to bluefish if it's not necessary....

Neither of us got any action after that...we both agreed it was probably because the water was dirty as we were there for prime time when the fish should be active......hey, that's fishin...

Well the hook is already closed the plover area. I went there at 5pm tonight hoping for some bluefish and got turned away at north beach. that really sucks! So then I tracked all the way back to the lot, drove down a bit and went out to a place where I have caught bluefish in the past. Threw metal for an hour till dark. Picked up one small tiny blue about 2 pounds.

Fished from 6:30 to ?. LOL

Thanks again for all the help Vpass ...the pressure is now off the fly rod and I will probably put it away until we see an abundance of small bait around.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post

Thanks again for all the help Vpass ...the pressure is now off the fly rod and I will probably put it away until we see an abundance of small bait around.
    So did you catch or not catch? That is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post

No Problem, J Barbosa. I had a great time. Wait to you get a bigger one.

I fished last nigth from 5PM to 10:30PM. I caught 3 short Fluke, sh*t load of Sea robin. and Many blues from 1 pount ot about 4 pounds. Had a great time. Used gulp on a jig head for the fluke, and 1 oz. Crippled herring for the Blues.

I used my new rod a bought for fluke. called wild river from St. Croix, it's a 8.5 foot rod rated for 3/4 to 1 1/2 oz. I love this rod. and would recommand it was fun fighting blues with it.

Good to hear your catching fish will try for this weekend. Hate that they close north beach!

Quote Originally Posted by vpass View Post
    I used my new rod a bought for fluke. called wild river from St. Croix, it's a 8.5 foot rod rated for 3/4 to 1 1/2 oz. I love this rod. and would recommand it was fun fighting blues with it.

I wonder if I could ask you about this rod vpass. If it says 3/4 to 1 1/2 oz would you only throw 1 1/2 as the max or would you feel comforable throwing something bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by basshunter View Post
    I wonder if I could ask you about this rod vpass. If it says 3/4 to 1 1/2 oz would you only throw 1 1/2 as the max or would you feel comforable throwing something bigger.
    The knuckle head popper was the heaviest lure I casted last night, and it handle it with no problem. I'm not sure of the weight, I think the weight is around 1 1/2 oz. It would make a great schoolie rod.

The jig head I was casting weight about 5/8 oz and could believe how far I casted it.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast