Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for May 2015 - www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post

There not racers this year they are all big and fat
    ^^ What he said. Big fat and angry.

Pics from yesterday's battle royale with them fat blue fish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20150503_072507.jpg   20150503_074349.jpg  

20150503_090322.jpg  

oh yeah- all my fish were released. I had to yell at a couple boaters yesterday. I don't normally do that but these idiots drove right through a pod of fish when they could have gone around and could clearly see there were people on fish. Is it really that hard to figure out?

Chunked RB on my friends boat yesterday. Had 3 bass to 20lbs and bluefish. Will upload the pics at another time...too lazy to crop right now.

Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
    I had to yell at a couple boaters yesterday. I don't normally do that but these idiots drove right through a pod of fish when they could have gone around and could clearly see there were people on fish. Is it really that hard to figure out?
    I see that all the time in the GSB. Some of these guys have the intelligence of a walnut.

Was finally my turn last night, stopped my truck 8 times to look and try, one stop had "slot" bass crashing bait but ohh no they won't hit, I finally tricked 2 but putting it right on their head as they popped, but the landings spooked the other few, then finally found some quality fish just as it got light, few bass harassing bunker, landed two nice upper teen fish and missed a third before it got too damn sunny out at 6am. Mag and SPs.

Nice reports fellas! Good see everyone is getting some action! Unfortunately i went out late afternoon into dark yesterday and got no love for anything...Was a bit surprised no bass,blues or bunker where i was...Figuring the bass have moved up the river to do there thing but still thought id find a blue or 2...Should have moved sooner but by the time i left the spot i was at i missed the tide in a few other spots and was kind of beat..Oh well thats fishing!! Only downfall i see to all these bluefish that have invaded the area is that there is probably gonna be a lack of weakies around(not like they have been any huge nimbers the past years)but i still manage to tangle with a few come May..Love those pretty fish!! Hope to be back out Wednesday with better results

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    Only downfall i see to all these bluefish that have invaded the area is that there is probably gonna be a lack of weakies around(not like they have been any huge nimbers the past years)but i still manage to tangle with a few come May..Love those pretty fish!!
    Sorry to hear about the skunk. I fished this morning in moco with metal and got the skunk too. Only had time to fish for an hour so maybe I was there at the wrong time.
    Wondered if you could go into more detail about what you said with the blues and weakfish? I never heard that but your theory sounds interesting. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by basshunter View Post
    Sorry to hear about the skunk. I fished this morning in moco with metal and got the skunk too. Only had time to fish for an hour so maybe I was there at the wrong time.
    Wondered if you could go into more detail about what you said with the blues and weakfish? I never heard that but your theory sounds interesting. Thanks
    Basically due to the fact that bass and definitly Big Blues will chomp those weakies up no time...This fall the bass were keyed in on juvi weakies...I had a few dead spikes floating in front of me while i was nailing bass on storm shads...My thinking is with there ferocious blues around theyll have no chance or run like hell...Its just a theory..But i would think it would be true...maybe some of the old salts could prove me right or wrong with there experiences...

blazing I agree with most of what you said. The big blues will chop up the weakfish and follow them every year. The striped bass as well.

Some fishermen blame the health of striped bass in the 1990's for the decline of the weakfish. I feel it is more complicated than that. There is still a commercial fishery for weakfish and they take the spikes every year. That should be stopped. The weakfish regulations of one per man make no sense if you don't take care of the gillnetters as well.

Quote Originally Posted by clamchucker View Post
    blazing I agree with most of what you said. The big blues will chop up the weakfish and follow them every year. The striped bass as well.

Some fishermen blame the health of striped bass in the 1990's for the decline of the weakfish. I feel it is more complicated than that. There is still a commercial fishery for weakfish and they take the spikes every year. That should be stopped. The weakfish regulations of one per man make no sense if you don't take care of the gillnetters as well.
    Your absolutely right clamchucker..Im not saying that the blues and bass are the reason for the huge decline in weaks...Not by any means..But i caught a lot of weaks in 2012 including my personal best of 8lbs..i would catch 1 or 2 each outing that year..I believe there was a lack of big blues for me that year...The main reason they are so scarce is definitely due to BS regs for the gill netters...

while paddling around I saw what looked like chunks of meat floating about 1-2 feet under the surface. Also, some of the blues when boat side were spitting up shards of flesh.

Fished island beach before work yesterday. Bunker chunks are good to go now. Snagged fresh bunker in the back and chunked. 2 short bass and a few blues to 12#.

Moco 5-6am. Picked up three small stripers (released) right before the sun rose on bucktail and white grub. Water is very calm with a light SW breeze.

Went out fishing the bay tonight. I didn't know that many people were into bluefish. I saw cars in the lot that were from PA. Guys driving all the way from PA just for a hot bluefish bite? Wow just wow.
    I got a mess of them they were so feisty and bulldogging it was a lot of fun. To 13 lbs left em biting it got too crowded and I left. Ava and green tail.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Went out fishing the bay tonight. I didn't know that many people were into bluefish. I saw cars in the lot that were from PA. Guys driving all the way from PA just for a hot bluefish bite? Wow just wow.
    I got a mess of them they were so feisty and bulldogging it was a lot of fun. To 13 lbs left em biting it got too crowded and I left. Ava and green tail.
    Nice job cowhearder...Friend of mine went out last night had them non stop up to 38+in...Crazy like you said how many people are into blues!! He said there were a bunch lying on the beach...Its also crazy how much these people have no respect for anything!! I no its bluefish but there is no reason to catch it and not throw it back...Come on at least take it home for the garden if not anything else...Or just be a normal person and THROW IT BACK!!!

Ill be headed out tonight but away from the crowd doing my own thing...I like blues but im not standing in a s***storm of Joses and Wangs to catch them...I like the fish with stripes on them much better

^^^^^^Agreed! People are idiots! I released all my fish I caught. There were some that looked like they may not make it but I revived them and they took off. I am not tooting my horn, just appreciating the resource. They (and I) all drive from good distances and have fun catching them, why not take care of them so we can catch them tomorrow. Doesn't make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    im not standing in a s***storm of Wangs to catch them...
    I know your secret spot now! If you don't want to stand in a storm of wangs. Stay away from ASSbury then!

Rofl!

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    I know your secret spot now! If you don't want to stand in a storm of wangs. Stay away from ASSbury then!
    Hahaha not that kind of wang hahahaha...The kind that eat clams ment for bait!!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast