weather .... Bob
winds .... Bob again
water clarity & Temp... once again Bob
how's the bite.... Bob
where's the bite... Bob
what are they biting on... Bob
So how much work do I put in? hold on I gotta call Bob
I'll get back to you
What happens when you are at home and run out of toilet paper...gotta call Bob?

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
I started fishing with my grandfather when I was 3 on his boat for blowfish then fluke I cannot tell you how many times I got yelled at by him but he was just trying to learn a stubborn kid I realized that when I was older but all of that yelling stuck in my head and he always told me you need patience to catch fish and damn it that is the #1 rule.I learnrd alot from him tying the boat up properly, baiting the hooks a certain way,how to feel the different weight of a fluke on the end of your line compared to the weight of the sinker and to drop back if you missed it.He taught me so much I cannot list it here when I was about 8 my cousin started taking me offshore that was interesting but although I did that later on in life for awhile it just wasn't my cup of tea.When I started surfcasting, however frustrating it got I learned something everytime I went by listening, watching, reading and alot of hard work I made it to where I am able to catch most of the time and if I don't it doesn't bother me anymore theres just something about being out there I really realize this now because I cannot fish right now because of injuries and I'll tell ya it sucks not being out there it is just part of my life that I enjoy and it is a disease for some that has no cure its a good addiction I am not the best surf guy far from it but I enjoy what I do & try to help others if they want it.Again a little long but I have alot of time on my hands and hope to be back in the game some day.
Good point Nothing in life that's worthwhile is free, we have to work for it, either with physical work of by earning the trust and respect of others. The times spent with your grandfather, you will always have in your memory on a rainy day. Great thread.