Thread: Following the Night Tides......Do You have What it Takes?

Hybrid View

I am more worried about getting hit by a boat when wading or on a kayak in New Jersey...

In fact a few people have almost been hit by boats running aground while fishing the tip of Sandy Hook at night the past few years.

I haven't heard any close calls with sharks recently.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    In fact a few people have almost been hit by boats running aground while fishing the tip of Sandy Hook at night the past few years.
    John.....Vpass is one of em......when people talk about "that guy who almost got killed by a boat at Sandy Hook"....his close call comes to mind....
    (post #18)
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...up-boats-on-SH

I hope no one takes this personal. For the guys who fish a lot and also the ones that skish what do you do to prevent swamp a**? Must be a lot of moisture in the crotch area. I know when I am fishing for more than 3 hours I get all sweaty and funky. How do you deal with that if you are out almost every night? do you have 5 pairs of waders or 5 wetsuits? That could get real expensive.

Surferman, Finchaser may have 5 pairs of waders. All neatly organized and hanging upside down in his garage on special hangers. The man has every single thing in his life organized and categorized. You wouldn't believe the amount of dyno label maker sticky tape he goes through each week. For the rest of us, we have to make do, with one or two pairs. My gear gets wet, a lot. My body as well.

I can't answer for the skishers out there, but one thing that has helped me greatly is cornstarch baby powder.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP5678.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	18712

I'm dumping that in my crotch every time I go out there. Also have a small container in the milk crate where I keep my surf gear in case I need it. Without that, I think your personal parts could get moldy. Hope that helps.

The water is over 70 degrees in the bay right now.

Get a pair of swim shorts, a t-shirt, and some sandals.

^^^^ Aren't you the guy that was talking about the horseshoe crabs tickling your toes in the spring? No offense meant but no thanks to the sandals. If you tried that at island beach the critters would eat you alive. Skeeters no see ums and black flies here. Biggest in NJ. You would have so many welts on your legs it would look like chicken pox. I guess you don't have to deal with that. You don't know the agony you are missing. The sedges at night can be brutal. Try to fish here one day with those clothes. I bet you will buy a case of Off before you do it the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinmission78 View Post
    ^^^^ Aren't you the guy that was talking about the horseshoe crabs tickling your toes in the spring?
    Hey didnt you ever hear of the phrase different strokes for different folks?
    Some like to see women trampling bugs. Some like horseshoe crabs. Maybe its a fetish or something. Leave the poor guy alone.

Certain winds make the bugs intolerable up here too but I bet those sedges are a great breading ground.

There is a favorite spot of mine that I know holds some bass through the summer...god help anyone who tried to fish it during the summer. The mosquitoes are brutal and there are too many ticks!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I'm dumping that in my crotch every time I go out there. Also have a small container in the milk crate where I keep my surf gear in case I need it. Without that, I think your personal parts could get moldy. Hope that helps.
    Well robmedina said you were old so I'm going to add to that and say you are using the powder to prevent getting old and moldy! j/k thanks for the reports its good to see you are still getting bass and blues you are really working for them.

^ Cowherder maybe I like being old and moldy.
    One consolation....no matter how old I get, the OGB will be older.....moldier, and grouchier.