Thread: 2010 Coastwide seabass regs

Hybrid View

This is unreasonable, and will put a lot of captains out of business. 2 months is nothing, and during the rest of the time does she expect the captains to shut down and go on welfare? No, they will simply switch over to targeting striped bass. Look at the ads in the fishing section next spring and you will see I am right. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by voyager35 View Post
    No, they will simply switch over to targeting striped bass. Look at the ads in the fishing section next spring and you will see I am right. Unbelievable.
    Then they will shut down the striped bass too, no? it really sux.

Quote Originally Posted by baitstealer View Post
    Then they will shut down the striped bass too, no? it really sux.
    That's the whole point of why this is all connected, Baitstealer. I rarely fish for seabass, why should I care?

The answer: Prevent people from fishing from fluke, seabass, and other species. What species is left that will begin to receive more pressure? Striped bass.

I C&P the chart here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010 sea bass.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	8997

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010 sea bass measurement.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	8998

As discussed before on here eventually there will be no fishing allowed except for commercials. Thanks for posting the chart.

I just don't get it.

I want my change Back. Welcome to the green lobby and it's current Matriarch. We will have to deal with this kind of Crap for the next three years at least. Make noise! This kind of stuff is unacceptable.

The only way we will have a voice as citizens of this country is to put the people in Washington and in our local legislatures back to work for us! Eliminate the Beltway Politicians, Here in MA we see our elected officials during elections. It is disgusting. They are supposed to be representing the many and instead represent the few. Our country has gone *** backwards and I am tired of it.

^ Right on the money, Jackbass. I blame ourselves for some of that. Until about 5 years ago I didn't get involved in the political processes very much. I wrote letters when I was a kid, to try to get the 200 mile limit passed. Then, for some reason, I stopped getting involved.

I didn't feel I could make a difference any more, I said "What's the use?" I gave up.

I have since realized that many politicians count on that apathy. They WANT many of us to give up, to not pay attention. If they truly felt they would be held accountable for every decision, they would vote and make political appointments a lot more carefully.

So I'm all in favor of people getting involved and arming themselves with knowledge. educating themselves as to what's really happening. Statistically, there will be only a certain % of people who get involved on any issue. We need to build that number up, even slightly, if we want politicians to respond to our needs.

It's not like that everywhere in the country. When we went to Tennessee, we saw a people who were so involved in their gov't process they told us they would run politicians out of town if they screwed with them.

We need more people like that on the East Coast, Jackbass, and people like you. Please don't lose sight of that.