Thread: Arctic Plunge to Save Striped Bass

Hybrid View

I'm sorry but if no one else has said it I will. You jumped into 32 degree water with only a bathing suit to save a rat striped bass? What about the fact you put your life in jeopardy. Did you have a rescue plan if anything happened. You could have drowned in that cold water. A little sketchy to save one striper don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    What about the fact you put your life in jeopardy. Did you have a rescue plan if anything happened. You could have drowned in that cold water.
    Give him a break. watch the whole video? Notice the rope on the side? Maybe not the best plan but at least he was thinking. How about giving him a break for going out of his way to do something good. nice job kid

Well I was in water up to my waste. I have swam in water that cold before over a dozen times. Also knowing how to slow my heart rate is a big factor. As well as tested the bottom before I jumped in to know I would not get stuck and planning it on slack dead tide. Also with little to no current I know I would survive. If it was 20 degrees out, snowing, and fast current I probably would not have jumped in. I planned and prepared before I did it. Just Like Bear Grill's trained and prepares before he jumps into a frozen water on a lake.

Good job fishing 247. Ignore the trolls.

Fantastic video dude thanks for sharing. You catch bass all winter?

Wow, I'm impressed. I know I would have never junmped in. My balls are very important to me. . Hopefully that bass gets to grow old because of you. Thanks for sharing, and stay safe.