Well first a short story I took my youngest son to our towns very small Memorial Day parade and there were very few people along the parade route probably 500 people in a city of 40,000 and most of them were elderly except for a few of us. Well every time a color guard would walk by I would take of my baseball cap and put my hand over my heart and explained to my son that it was a salute to show respect and I look around at many people too lazy to even stand up. So yes we are losing the sence of patriotism in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
I can't stand those self righteous whiner punks who complain about the war. If you're whining, did you ever serve? the answer is proibably no. Also did anyone ever see the pic of Obama standing without saluting the flag? He's the President of our countyr and can't even salute the flag. He's a terrorist, a Muslim agent. Otherwise why wouldn't he salute?

Thanks to all the soldiers.
Dogfish I want to share my feelings with you. When I enlisted in the Army and spent 6 years serving 4 in Berlin and 2 in Ft. Lewis WA. The only action I saw was terrorist attacks against our bases from Momar Kadafi and had a friend killed in a bombing. I didn't see conventional combat but I still signed up for the opportunity to serve. I believe that it is the right of every American to take the opportunity to protest and express their feelings about our policies. And when I signed up I swore to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America and in that document you are guarunteed the right to protest. Feel free to argue with what you disagree with but don't shut them up for they have that right guarunteed by the blood of hero's and to take it away makes the sacrifice meaningless.

And please don't keep quoting that one incident where Obama was standing in front of everyone else and not seeing them salute. It deminishes your entire statement. I don't appreciate everything that he's doing but he was legally elected and is the President. Remember when there was some respect in the U.S.A.

Just my .02

Armand