Thread: Kayak trips & fishing reports 2010

Hybrid View

(continued)

Still more trolling with no action convinced us that area was not loaded up with schoolies like it usually was, so we decided to bag it and head for the put-in spot.

I had nailed one bass on the way back last week when I was out, by carelessly trolling the T&W on the way back to the put-in. We set up for the troll, and she nailed 2 small bass in the space of 5 minutes. That tells me the smaller bass were a lot closer than we imagined today.

Pebbles' bass #2
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0020.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	12024

Name:	IMGP0021.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	12025

Name:	IMGP0023.JPG 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	12026

So, for the day, the score was Pebbles 3, Dark 0.

I spent a lot of time maneuvering the yak for good trolling runs and positioning us for good structure (and taking pics). Still, I did fish, and she kicked my azz fair and square.

I'm proud of her, her first time yak bass fishin the T&W, and she nails 3 bass. What a girl!

Pebbles' bass #3

Name:	IMGP0024.JPG 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	12027

Name:	IMGP0026.JPG 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	12028

And she got them all on the Finchaser black tube w/ circle hook for quick release.

This is a pic of some MEGA SWANS! We saw these, they were about 15lbs apiece, bigger than any we've ever seen since we've been "chasing" them. She dared me to take the pic and put it up as a present to Finchaser.

She also wanted to thank Finchaser for making up such great tubes that got her her first-time T&W bass.

Name:	IMGP0015.JPG 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	12029

We got back to the launch, loaded up, and were back in time to avoid all the traffic, a definite bonus for Labor Day.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    (continued)

Still more trolling with no action convinced us that area was not loaded up with schoolies like it usually was, so we decided to bag it and head for the put-in spot.

I had nailed one bass on the way back last week when I was out, by carelessly trolling the T&W on the way back to the put-in. We set up for the troll, and she nailed 2 small bass in the space of 5 minutes. That tells me the smaller bass were a lot closer than we imagined today.

Pebbles' bass #2

Name:	IMGP0020.JPG 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	12024

Name:	IMGP0021.JPG 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	12025

Name:	IMGP0023.JPG 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	12026

So, for the day, the score was Pebbles 3, Dark 0.

I spent a lot of time maneuvering the yak for good trolling runs and positioning us for good structure (and taking pics). Still, I did fish, and she kicked my azz fair and square.

I'm proud of her, her first time yak bass fishin the T&W, and she nails 3 bass. What a girl!

Pebbles' bass #3

Name:	IMGP0024.JPG 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	12027

Name:	IMGP0026.JPG 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	12028

And she got them all on the Finchaser black tube w/ circle hook for quick release.

This is a pic of some MEGA SWANS! We saw these, they were about 15lbs apiece, bigger than any we've ever seen since we've been "chasing" them. She dared me to take the pic and put it up as a present to Finchaser.

She also wanted to thank Finchaser for making up such great tubes that got her her first-time T&W bass.

Name:	IMGP0015.JPG 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	12029

We got back to the launch, loaded up, and were back in time to avoid all the traffic, a definite bonus for Labor Day.

Gotta love it Pebbles with her bass and Dark with his swans what a way to end summer

Pebbles your very welcome,anything you need let me know

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again