Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ fishing Reports January-March 2017

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Hah! that's crazy because I was thinking the same thing?
    will the real JB please stand up?
    Great ice fishing to JB and the crew, congrats.
    Maybe all that boat catching that JB has done over the past two years has maybe taken away the joy, excitement and happiness of fishing?
    Looks like a nice Bass! Congrats!!
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Thanks guys!!
    I think JB is still upset about the 3 year old shark chum DS gave him LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Maybe all that boat catching that JB has done over the past two years has maybe taken away the joy, excitement and happiness of fishing?
    Gee who pis*ed in your cornflakes to make you so negative about boats? Boating is a multi billion dollar industry. Boating and fishing bring hundreds of millions of dollars into New Jersey's economy. There's nothing wrong with a day on the water and catching a few nice fish for grilling, from a boat. What's the beef dude?

Nice job on the catching gentlemen. Personally I would never be fishing in this weather. You gents are hardcore. good job and thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Gee who pis*ed in your cornflakes to make you so negative about boats? Boating is a multi billion dollar industry. Boating and fishing bring hundreds of millions of dollars into New Jersey's economy. There's nothing wrong with a day on the water and catching a few nice fish for grilling, from a boat. What's the beef dude?
    Monty is just ball busting.

He's coming fishing with me on the boat April 1st and were going to chunk bunker in Raritan Bay.

We're going to catch lots of 20-30# bass and call them 40-50# on youtube like all the other cool kids do.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinmission78 View Post
    Awesome report. Seems like all of the fishermen are smiling except for the one in the Orange HH overalls. Is that J Barbosa? (not trying to start trouble, just wondering)
    Yes, that is me. I just can't be seen getting too excited over a 5-6# bass.

Thank you for sharing the fish pics, I really enjoy seeing the activity.

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    I'm pretty happy now.
    I have always have been anti-boat and anti-boat fisherman.
    Only good boat is at the bottom of the sea creating structure.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Monty is just ball busting.

He's coming fishing with me on the boat April 1st and were going to chunk bunker in Raritan Bay.

We're going to catch lots of 20-30# bass and call them 40-50# on youtube like all the other cool kids do.

Better chance of me ice fishing than going on a boat (me on a boat would be hypocritical).

Yo how come all the negativity? my mama told me if you can't say something nice about someone or a group of people it's best not to say anything at all. Everyone has the right to fish. No matter how they do it it's just fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    We're going to catch lots of 20-30# bass and call them 40-50# on youtube like all the other cool kids
    OMG cool kids rofl!!
    You could start calling yourself Buckails Barbosa! have seen so many of those videos where a 25 pound striper is a cow LOL

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    OMG I love this! You could start calling yourself Buckails Barbosa! have seen so many of those videos where a 25 pound striper is a cow LOL
    Bucktails Barbosa? or
    Big Bass Barbosa....

Partial kidding aside, thanks for posting the pics and reports this winter, was good to see some catching!!!
    Looked like you had a great 2016 fishing, catching many ways and different species. Hope 2017 is as good or better for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    Thanks guys!!
    I think JB is still upset about the 3 year old shark chum DS gave him LOL!!!
    3 yrs old are you serious? Must have been foul.

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    OMG cool kids rofl!!
    You could start calling yourself Buckails Barbosa! have seen so many of those videos where a 25 pound striper is a cow LOL
    25 lbs IS a cow for most of the newbies. I had a good time one day last fall and caught a few in the 25 pound class. No big deal they were nice fish but I have seen bigger. 3 young guys came up to me
    and said "man you are really catching the cows today!" Sad times - they don't remember when the big fish used to be everywhere, even within casting range.

+1, it's a whole different ballgame now a days. People weighing in 28 inch fish for fame and video glory. Nice job on the catches. Thanks for sharing.

+2to internet and especially facebook chest pounders

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

+3 and a triple to the Raritan Bay meat men who crush the stripers in the spring before they have been spawned out.

Lol. This boat and fishing stuff was funny. Maybe Monty was kidding, I think he's a good dude. Shouldn't we try to focus on the guys who really do the most damage? It's not all boaters, it's the meat-men. Anyone feel like making up a song about them to start the Spring Run with?

Hey Monty,

Can you catch these from the surf?

110", 101" and 96" today
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170224_131211.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	20791
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170224_090518.jpg 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	20792Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170224_090518.jpg 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	20792

Awesome JB...You are a true fish catching machine!! Only guy I know that goes from perch and bass on ice to 800lb bluefin 5 days later LOL great pics John..I'm ready to christen that new boat with you!!

I agree, fantastic pics thanks for the share. I do have to ask where you got those fish because I wasn't aware that anyone was catching big tuna that size in Jersey this time of year. Did you take a road trip to NC?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast