Thread: Trophy stripers and other fish 2017

Default Trophy stripers and other fish 2017

Thought I would start a thread about big fish caught this year. Apologies if there is another thread like this, I did not see it.

Al Ristori reported this today. 54 lbs a true cow.

"Mark Roy of Warren said his mo-jo trolling Sunday was tough, with only four blues caught. However, he had better news upon returning to Raritan Marina where he found out about a 54-pound striper that had been boated on May 6 by Joe Bonner of Colonia on Nancy Jane while trolling from Ambrose to Keyport with his grandfather, Joe Preston. That is by far the largest striper reported to me so far.

There was more good news on big bass from the Canyon Runner out of Point Pleasant as Captains Phil Dulanie and Deane Lambros trolled four large stripers plus five big blues last Thursday off Long Branch. **** Hammock had a 44-pounder, and Danny Titen a 40."

Looks like bigger fish have shown up. I read this on the Ristori page.

Capt. Russ Binns got into large stripers while trolling bunker spoons north of Manasquan Inlet on Thursday with his Mar-Lin from Toms River. He weighed bass of 39 3/8, 38 and 20 pounds for the Manasquan River Marlin & Tuna Club contest. Binns noted that he never had a hit on mo-jos

On the Cape already.

Quote Originally Posted by voyager35 View Post
    Looks like bigger fish have shown up. I read this on the Ristori page.

Capt. Russ Binns got into large stripers while trolling bunker spoons north of Manasquan Inlet on Thursday with his Mar-Lin from Toms River. He weighed bass of 39 3/8, 38 and 20 pounds for the Manasquan River Marlin & Tuna Club contest. Binns noted that he never had a hit on mo-jos
    Since then burns got a 52 that Fishstory didn't report. Saw Binns and Burns yedterday

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Too bad that all those big stripers are 1-2 miles out! Oh well thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Since then burns got a 52 that Fishstory didn't report. Saw Binns and Burns yedterday
    Nice!

Weighed in at harbor bait and tackle. 52 lbs True slob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5050876.jpg  

From Capt Al Ristori's blog - Bob Matthews weighed the first 50-pound striped bass of the season at Fisherman's Den in Belmar Marina today when Martin Germann of Freehold put his 51-pounder on the scale after trolling it on a Mo-Jo. Last year, Matthews weighed 13 "50's" in the shop.

Nice fish congrats.

Someone posted a 8pound 12 oz fluke they caught out of highlands today. RB fluking has been slow from the shore. Guess some bigger ones are coming in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0452141665_395999079643674151_n.jpg  

Some pics I found, congrats to the anglers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -8e8084cf46b9aeba.jpg   massive-mako-shark-caught-off-coast-of-nj-0bbe00fbcae80296.jpg  

Jesus that is a monster! Would hate to have that near me when surfing. Congrats guys!

Wow!

30lber caught at island beach yesterday.

Some big stripers getting caught in the Atlantic! 48pounder caught in Lbi already.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nov 1 2017 48lbs.jpg   oct 28.jpg  

The picture of the 40# 8 we weighted at the reel seat was caught on an SP minnow on 8th ave in Asbury last Saturday

The Shark was 926# caught on my friends charter boat the Jenny Lee the 2 captains are in the picture on right

The four guys in the picture on the left all fought the fish preventing it from being a state record

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again