Thread: What make....

Hybrid View

Default More

Continued. In 1972 I bought a new HD Sportster (XLCH-kickstart-$2,175). Picked it up in a blizzard in January, threw it in a van. Rode it stock for a year, then the next winter ripped it down and did mild molding, narrow extended springer front end/spool front wheel (no brake), Lake Injector and other stuff. Old school. Rode all the time- got stopped by the police 29 times in a month and a half- kept my license/registration in my helmet. I still have that bike today, but hasn’t been used in quite a few years. Waiting for that last good ride with the guys.

Had a ’64 Impala at the time and gave it to my uncle. Picked up a cherry ’69 Buick Electra 2 door “Deuce and a quarter” for $2100. Another boat (yacht) ride. Champagne beige with a brown vinyl top. Had the paint redone an cleared and it looked like it was 3” thick, gleamed. Ended up junking it in ’79 when the frame rusted out. I’d take that car back today (couldn’t afford the gas though). More to follow?

Happy Trails

Passed my drivers license test (miracle (hit the cones parking)), in my mothers Ford LTD. Was like a boat. Think it had a 400 cui, with a 4 barrel carburetor. I hate big vehicles (kinda based on me crashing into things with bigger vehicles).
    Drove a Buick Skylark (my moms again and it was another boat) over a rock wall (2 flats), had snow tires in trunk .
    Remember all the room in those trunks?
    surfwalker, my best friend around the mid 70's had an Impala, jacked it up, racing stripes. We would drive that car in the woods, was like a tank, great times.
    I went through cars the first 3 years I had my license like crazy. Always moving/replacing the 8 track player, power booster, and speakers. One time had 8 track and cassette player installed.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Default wow,

Quote Originally Posted by surfwalker View Post
    Continued. In 1972 I bought a new HD Sportster (XLCH-kickstart-$2,175). Picked it up in a blizzard in January, threw it in a van. Rode it stock for a year, then the next winter ripped it down and did mild molding, narrow extended springer front end/spool front wheel (no brake), Lake Injector and other stuff. Old school. Rode all the time- got stopped by the police 29 times in a month and a half- kept my license/registration in my helmet. I still have that bike today, but hasn’t been used in quite a few years. Waiting for that last good ride with the guys.

Had a ’64 Impala at the time and gave it to my uncle. Picked up a cherry ’69 Buick Electra 2 door “Deuce and a quarter” for $2100. Another boat (yacht) ride. Champagne beige with a brown vinyl top. Had the paint redone an cleared and it looked like it was 3” thick, gleamed. Ended up junking it in ’79 when the frame rusted out. I’d take that car back today (couldn’t afford the gas though). More to follow?

Happy Trails

the deuce and a quarter,manthose were sweet rides,curb feelers sticking out and all.
    my uncle had one a 76 it came factory black on one side and white on the other,that 430 would blaze some rubber!
    R-P
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,