Lately a lot of ya's have seen my incessant posting about the striped bass biomass, the corroborated decline, and poor YOY stats.......
Because there is so much misinformation out there, I have been involved in intense discussions with commercial fishermen, and recs as well, who claim there is nothing wrong with striped bass populations....

What I have found, is there are various hidden agendas for saying that, and these discussions sometimes get ugly.

In the off season, I will probably getting some more folks highly irritated with me....but this is too important, it goes beyond me, and what folks think of me......

It's about the future of the striped bass fishery, and whether or not our children will be able to fish for them, as we do today...

You will see my name more and more on different internet forums.....I cannot stand by and let folks post the mis-information about how healthy the SB fishery is right now....because there is always a good chance others will believe them.....

It's time for some reality and real facts to enter these discussions....
To me, that's more important than whether someone "likes" me, or not.....
Overall, I feel we are probably headed for some sort of short or abbreviated moratorium....with the ASMFC probably not acting until 2015, it may be too late by then......

**The striped bass spawning biomass (SSB) is now 1 Million lbs from the ASMFC being forced to declare that overfishing is occurring.......I'm going to try the best I can to continue raising awareness of this, whether some folks are happy with that....or not.......

Thanks as always, for reading......