There have been some new develoments since the beginning of this thread.
Although the county wide restrictions were lifted. it's up to each individual town to decide access restrictions, and some have further tightened access.

Many are familiar with the fisherman who was given a ticket in Deal for trespassing beyond the orange fencing.
I have since gotten calls that additional fishermen were ticketed for tresspasing there. Some who were only there for a few minutes got ticketed anyway.

The court appearance is mandatory.

The reason I was given is that the Chief is irritated that people are blatantly disregarding the orange fencing. In some cases they have tossed it from where it is to the rocks below.

Town public works workers have had to go back and replace it.
The feeling is, among higher ups, that these actions were likely done by fishermen.
Therefore there is now a zero tolerance policy.

I know some feel this is not fair, but as I said previously it is not a Public Trust Doctrine issue.
It is a safety issue, and from what I gathered from the phone conversations I had, it is an issue of disrespect. They are really irritated that a few fishermen would do that.

If you have been near that area you would notice that the orange fencing prohibits access from areas where there is a 10-15 drop to the beach. Climbing down the unstable rocks could result in someone getting hurt.

There is also looting still prevalent among many beach areas. There are some houses that got ripped up. Access to the beach in some areas would give you theoretical access to those houses.
Folks need to understand that.

Also, that any time the towns want to in the future, they can restrict access under the guise of it being a safety issue.
This may become a bigger problem than most fishermen think. I am putting it out there as food for thought.

** Anyone who predicted that some access spots will be "forgotten" is very accurate in their thinking.