Thread: New Look at Stripers and Anglers

Default New Look at Stripers and Anglers

Hey I like the new look. Much easier to navigate.

sleek, professional. easy to read.

it was almost worth the downtime lol

Hey Jon, what's up!
    Yep we were down for 4 days.
    I now officially have lots of white hair.
    Pebbles likes it, says it makes me look more mature. Hell, if white hairs would have worked in my partying days and kept me out of trouble, I would have died my head wit bleach!

So I'm not completely sold yet on this format.
    Lots of things to get used to.
    I'm still working on the "Quick Reply" vs "Regular reply" with the instant smiley menu that used to pop up, not sure I like the colors, and have to re-install the video embedder we had, the old one isn't compatible.

But on the plus side,

*The site now has a lot more features.
    *Members can set up their albums, as was possible before, but with more robust features and choices.
    *The site is more secure (so they say)
    *This version gives the ability to change a lot of boring run of the mill choices that you see in forums all across the internet,,,icons, colors, pics, etc, it has the potential to be more fun to run, navigate, and view as well.

*I'm gonna try them 1 at a time, so's this place doesn't look like Fred Sanford's backyard.

I would appreciate hearing what some of the members think out there, and how ya's like it.
    Any complaints or problems, contact me or Pebbles and we'll try to resolve ASAP.
    Some things we won't be able to change, that's part of the new version.

But....I'm hoping the functionality and robust choices will make for a good experience here. Feel free to post all feedback here, good and bad, I want to hear it, I really do.
    Thanks for the patience folks. I'm about out of my quota...missed a lot of responsibilities, work, time with Pebbles, and hot fishin to put this together. Some days I was such a bastid on the phone with the tech support I think people dreaded dealing with me, but I've about had it with excuses from people who didn't know how to help us, yet said they did. And Pebbles gets more than 1/2 the credit, couldn't have done it without her and her pleasant, non-hyper manner.

Hope ya's like it.

Let me know what ya's think!

Default like it!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I'm still working on the "Quick Reply" vs "Regular reply" with the instant smiley menu that used to pop up,
    Hey DS it's not that bad, the smiley menu might be a little confusing for some now. However, the whole range of smilies is available when you click on the "advanced features" during posting. It takes you to a screen where all of the smilies are available at the top of your word processing menu, the 5th one from the left on the top line. Not a bad trade-off.
    I missed your commentary during the down time. Please make some time to get out and fish. I can't wait for the next west wind walley installment!

i like the new look nice and sleek way to go

Hey Dark and Pebbles good to see you online again!
    I like that you can call up the smileys in the word processing bar also. The format isn't that bad, I like it.
    You mentioned changing some of the colors. That might be nice but not so it's too distracting. Keep up the great work, and thanks for all you do to help others, Dark.
    I really learned a lot here. If you ever want some money for the costs of running the site, just say the word and I will send some through paypal. Thanks for everything and for the entertainment!

Hi Dark, great job that you and your girlfriend are doing. This site is great. I like the new functions, it does seem easier. I think it might be more steps to post pics, but I do like the blog idea, and things like that. Also it seems you can post pics as icons in the front of each forum. That might jazz things up a bit, when you get around to it. I know this is probably a lot of work. Keep it up and good luck!

Default New Look

For an old coot like me it will take some getting used to. I will try my best, and will message you if I get stuck, thanks for the offer of help. I think overall it does look OK. If it makes some things easier I am all for it. Good luck and thanks for trying new things.

I'm just going over some of the new features, so I'll have to get back to you with an answer. Glad to see you guys back.

Default new look: How to click on the last post of a multi page thread

DS I just figured out something and thought I would post it here. Maybe you can have these helpful hints in this thread, or you might want to post them in another thread?

I noticed it's hard to click on the last page of a multi-page if you have the tags attached. It seemed to me the tag prevents you from clicking on that page.

The easy way to find this last post is look for this --

That symbol is next to the name in the 3rd column on the page, the "last post by" column. Clicking on that appears to be a shortcut to the last post, for those of us who have busy work days and can't get caught spending too much time at the company PC surfing the net.

No good, I don't like it.
    Can I get my subscription money back?
    Glad yer back.

It's good to see you folks back up and running.
    Like the new format, but you need to work on the smile icons, dark.
    The thumbs up one is pink, what's next rainbow flag ones too?
    I'll do some searching and try to send you some cooler ones, maybe I can find some swans for you.

I like it, I like the way the pictures look now.

Default Pictures and picture manipulation

Dark, new format is good. What I really like is the picture and attachments manager. It lets you see all the pics you have posted in the past. It took some getting used to that menu. The nice thing about it is you can manipulate the pics in a lot more ways. Very cool.

Default Pics and picture posting tutorial

Dark, as has been said, maybe some of the new members may have some difficulty. If it's ok, I thought I would post a little tutorial, and you can move it to wherever you want later.

File upload manager - this is what you will see when you click on the attachments button (paperclip icon) when posting.

Steps:
    1. Click on the green "add files" button in the right hand corner. This has a plus sign to the left of it.

2. This will open a box that says "upload files from your computer".

3. Click on the "select files" button at the bottom of that screen.

4. This will bring you to your section on the computer where you have your pics stored. Depending on what your cookies and settings are set at, and the last time you were on the site, you may have to browse for them. Use the browse feature. This, I believe, was also the same in the past before the update was done.

5. Select your pics.

6. Then hit the "upload files" button at the bottom of that new window. There is also a "basic uploader" button that you can use if you just want to upload one pic in that post. It actually allows you to upload more than one. It reminds me of the way they had it with the old version, so maybe they saved it for legacy sake and people would feel comfortable either way.

7.You can also hit "clear list" if you made a mistake and want to start over again.

8. Once the files are uploaded, there is a window at the very bottom of the original attachments window "Insert inline".
    You can hit this to insert them per your tastes and style. By that, I mean you can either choose NOT to hit this button, and close it out. If so, your pic will come up as an attachment with a paperclip attached around a box in the post.

9. Or, you can hit the "insert inline" button, and the pics will be inserted into the post awaiting further manipulation by you.
    This is not really necessary to do it this way, it's merely an advanced feature that some of you tech heads might appreciate having. With this feature, you can actually manipulate, and move the pics around in your post, by looking at the pics. This is a VERY cool feature. I believe they had it before, but you had to move the text renderings of the pics, without being able to see them.

10. When you are done, make sure you hit the "done" button on the bottom right hand side of the big original window, or your files will not load.

Remarks --- in all, I think this is an outstanding improvement.
    Dark, thanks for being the first on the block to bring us the new technology and features. I imagine it must have been a real headache. Thanks also for all you and Pebbles put into this site. I can't stand the arguments on some other places, and I thank you for monitoring that here.

I like the new look as well. Like some others have said, right now I am checking all the buttons and such and seeing what they do. It definitely has a nice feel to it and seems sleek and streamlined. Glad to see you back online.