Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The net as a fountain of misinformation

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    I thought I read that commercial fishermen catch less overall than the recreational guys. Maybe it was on this site somewhere?
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ills-more-bass

I wanted to nominate this statement for the clueless DB of the year award, read it today.

"Here is my thoughts on "spot burning". In the state of New Jersey there is no such thing period. There is no secret spot."

doofus!

Things are getting out of control. Now guys are purposely proud of spot burning.
    This was posted on a local FB page.
    " Fxxx the hater out there. When I have time to hit the beach I will contribute and do more spot burn."

WHAT the heck is wrong with people that someone would post that?

This was posted in an allegedly serious discussion on fishing and striped bass numbers. The guy who posted it is a moderator, and claims to be an expert on stripers. Idiot.
    "As in all species the MALES are larger. We should be preserving the smaller females if you really care about the future of stripers"

I think I might know him. He's in a fishing club and his last big striper he caught like 8 years ago, 32 lb. Since then he just trolls the internet and finds his fish from others reports. That's the problem with social media everybody's an expert LOL. I don't know a lot about striper migration or the science, so I keep my mouth shut when I don't know something. Lmao at his comment tho. Even I know that females are bigger!

lol Yeah there are lots of internet professors out there. Half of them can't even put a sentence together, yet they are experts.

Self proclaimed Facebook professional as_hole

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    This was posted in an allegedly serious discussion on fishing and striped bass numbers. The guy who posted it is a moderator, and claims to be an expert on stripers. Idiot.
    "As in all species the MALES are larger. We should be preserving the smaller females if you really care about the future of stripers"
    Internet professor I love it! Its a new phenomenon, half these guys put up posts as if they are the ones who are out there. Armchair quarterbacks!

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Self proclaimed Facebook professional as_hole
    Agreed!

I agree as well. In the past, you had to go out and learn from experience. That's how we got wisdom. It was a lot of hard work. Today, it seems like a lot of the younger folks present themselves as knowing everything because they read it on social media, and have relatively little experience in the activity.

X2, totally agree.

Read this yesterday. Posted by an idiot-
    " There certainly doesnt seem to be a shortage of big fish around considering they keep catching them every year. The schoolies are thick as hell."

Must be a newbie or dude who only fishes from a boat.

Got to love the hype of the tackle shops. Especially that one in south jersey. The other day he's telling everybody the beaches are paved with fluke LOL. Today, they're saying a 36-inch blue fish weighs 20 lb. Bangin!

So glad someone else noticed this. They caught 15 or 20 blue fish, the question was asked - does that qualify as a blitz? Answer - hell yeah! Idiots.

Don't want anyone to take this the wrong way. You have to realize a lot of these guys don't know what real good fishing is. They grew up chasing blitzes. That's all most of them know. For example I am out there almost every day hitting the suds. Sometimes I pick a few fish, sometimes I don't. Most modern young men won't get off the couch unless they hear there's a blitz somewhere. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    Internet professor. Buy yourself a Vs, a Pro Staff Elite Rod, breathable waders, and make sure you always carry your role of fluoro leader material clipped and ready to make new leaders. The very picture of the cool Elite surfcaster. Throw in the internet browsing for a few months, and anyone can be an expert on striped bass. The above is sooooo off the mark I would like to meet that guy in person and see if he really knows how to fish.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinmission78 View Post
    Internet professor. Buy yourself a Vs, a Pro Staff Elite Rod, breathable waders, and make sure you always carry your role of fluoro leader material clipped and ready to make new leaders. The very picture of the cool Elite surfcaster. Throw in the internet browsing for a few months, and anyone can be an expert on striped bass.
    Expert fo sho. You can beleeeee dat!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast