I started fishing with my grandfather when I was 3 on his boat for blowfish then fluke I cannot tell you how many times I got yelled at by him but he was just trying to learn a stubborn kid I realized that when I was older but all of that yelling stuck in my head and he always told me you need patience to catch fish and damn it that is the #1 rule.I learnrd alot from him tying the boat up properly, baiting the hooks a certain way,how to feel the different weight of a fluke on the end of your line compared to the weight of the sinker and to drop back if you missed it.He taught me so much I cannot list it here when I was about 8 my cousin started taking me offshore that was interesting but although I did that later on in life for awhile it just wasn't my cup of tea.When I started surfcasting, however frustrating it got I learned something everytime I went by listening, watching, reading and alot of hard work I made it to where I am able to catch most of the time and if I don't it doesn't bother me anymore theres just something about being out there I really realize this now because I cannot fish right now because of injuries and I'll tell ya it sucks not being out there it is just part of my life that I enjoy and it is a disease for some that has no cure its a good addiction I am not the best surf guy far from it but I enjoy what I do & try to help others if they want it.Again a little long but I have alot of time on my hands and hope to be back in the game some day.