FINAL RESOLUTION:

The meeting ended with a plea for representatives of the fishermen to again come and meet with the town council?

Not sure about this, I thought the original intent of this meeting was to get things resolved tonight?

This type of process is way too slow for me, that's why I'll never run for political office.

Maybe RPSurf could chime in and let me know if he felt there was progress made. The best part was that although people were irritated, the fishermen didn't let it turn into a shouting match. We just want to fish, and don't want the hassles.

But make no mistake about it - about 90 people showed up tonight, people are angry about this. If access is not granted, the town can expect more support from all the web sites and organizations concerned about access. I drove 85 miles to get there. I would do it again. I am willing to be ticketed for tresspassing if the other people there tonight are willing as well.

As someone originally suggested, they do have to address the concerns of the homeowners, but there are ways to do that with greater enforcement and bigger penalties for violations.

They should not address it on the backs of fishermen, or they could end up with a bigger loss than they bargained for in court. I think they know that, hope this can all be worked out without a court fight.