Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for June 2014.....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

John B- is that a trolling motor in your buddies hobie?

Fished island beach early today before the flies started their daily feast. 2 hours into the outgoing, got a few very short fluke on gulp and teaser.

Previous page great reports guys . Pics are great. No Youtube allowed in China, looking forward to seeing the video when I get back Rob.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

^^^ X2. Enjoying them cause had to work OT this weekend and couldn't get out.Awesome reports fellas

Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
    I met my fishing buddy Mikey at the bait store at 6am. High tide was 6:14 so we would catch the outgoing from outback. We bought Killies and squid to go fluking. after a brief stop at wawa we were at the bay to launch the kayaks. Water by the powerplant was 75 degrees. We drifted with the current and I caught a 14-1/2" sea robin. We continued drifting but nada. Chatter on the radio was no one was catching flounder.

I said to Mike we need to be by a drop off if we want a chance, so we moved closer to the flats while we were heading that way we saw a small boat with 2 guys and their rods were bent over. Turns out they were catching small blues in the 3-5 lb range. I had to relive myself anyway, so I anchored in the flats and hoped out and did my thing. The buys in the boat moved on. Maybe I scared them??? anyway, so I moved into their position and anchored up and through a SS popper and about my third cast I was in. I was using a very light action spinning rod and man that little 4lb blue was a ton of fun.

We moved around for awhile on the flats. I would stand up in my yak and can see the blues cruising. felt like I was in florida fishing the mosquito lagoon, lol! I could see channels cut through the flats and was able to guestimate where the fish were on a few occasions. Mike only hooked one blue , I got 4. they were all 3-5 pounds, lots of fun.

While we were on the flat Mike noticed a cloud of birds by the BI. Must have been a bass blitz- we heard a 47# bass and a 40# bass caught out front. Mike wanted to go there but I reminded him that he has a screw loose because there was no way we were ever gonna make it by kayak from where we were and we still would have had to go through the inlet- not a great idea.

I tried to catch blues on the fly rod but it was not gonna happen. I need to make some pencil poopers for the flyrod.

Here is a quick video- not promising it's good- but it is what it is.

Awesome report looks like you are having the best of times! thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    One of my bluefish from yesterday...not really sure if this is from disease or a shark/dolphin bite. Marks were on both sides but much worse on this side.

that is the nastiest bluefish I have ever seen! I'm surprised it was still alive to hit your lure.

Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
    John B- is that a trolling motor in your buddies hobie?
    Yes, works really well allows us to cover many more miles of water and fast moving water that would normally tire you out quickly under human power.

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    that is the nastiest bluefish I have ever seen! I'm surprised it was still alive to hit your lure.
    He put up a good fight and swam off quickly. That is one bad *** bluefish.

Got out yesterday w/the boss and his son took them to a popular spot out front and setup with some bunker chunks from 6am-11am...Threw a head out and a chunk out and with in 10 mins the head got slammed and then poof bit off...Then the chunk got hit but they didnt grab the pole fast enuff while i was rebaiting and we missed it...So i decided to throw out my pencil and 3 shakes into the retrive i hooked up..Hand the pole over to Nick(my bosses son) and he reeled it in like a champ!!! Smaller blue maybe about 3lbs!! He didnt care he was happy and so was i that it wasnt a skunk...We manged 3 blues on chunks all about 4-6lbs and Nick caught them all on his own!! He was siked!! As the tide went out the crowd showed up and so did the robins..Must of had about 10 of them but they were having fun reeling them in...By 11 the action was slow and the bait was gone...They had a fiun time and so did I watching Nick reel in those fish,learn how to cast and learn how to release a fish the right way..I think i may have created a monster cause he already wants to no when we are going again ...

They left and i went for a marathon trip got some grub and hit the back to try and find some fluke fished from 2pm till 630 and could only managed 2 small 15in and a few more blues Couldnt find any good fluke bite...Maybe it was the S wind or the lack of good moving water but they just werent hitting for me..Saw tons and tons of bunker all over with a few blow ups in the pods here and there mostly blues inside them...It was a nice day so im glad i made the most of it..Would have liked some more flatties for the table but but ya cant get'em everytime...INstead i got a mean sunburn haha...Lots of guys out and didnt see to much catching...Gonna hit the rocks a few times this week to see if they have any flatties hiding in them...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nicks blue.jpg  

Did the boat thing yesterday for 12 hours . There were bunker from Manasquan inlet to LBI marked very few fish not even a blue fish. Fishing was extremely slow for the 45 boats that fished yesterday in our tourney and 1 bass was weighed in. most charter boat have now moved on to seabass and fluke

Saw a whale sucking in bunker like they were M&M

IMO the bass are in big trouble and everytime a school pops up on a pod more and more are eliminated especially by 2 charter boats up north that find it necessary to post on 4 sights everyday it's sad. Bright side is Raritan bay is empting out and most of the meatmen up there will give up now that they'll have to work hard for them .

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    IMO the bass are in big trouble and everytime a school pops up on a pod more and more are eliminated especially by 2 charter boats up north that find it necessary to post on 4 sights everyday it's sad. Bright side is Raritan bay is empting out and most of the meatmen up there will give up now that they'll have to work hard for them .
    Not sure if you are referencing this guy http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...9495#post79495
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    Yes, works really well allows us to cover many more miles of water and fast moving water that would normally tire you out quickly under human power.
    Thanks. It looks like a smaller one- 17# thrust? Anyway, yeah I plan on putting a trolling motor on mine too. I have to get my NJ boaters license first.

JB looks like the work of a dolphin not enough bass for them so I guess they are targeting bluefish now

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    Got out yesterday w/the boss and his son took them to a popular spot out front and setup with some bunker chunks from 6am-11am...Threw a head out and a chunk out and with in 10 mins the head got slammed and then poof bit off...Then the chunk got hit but they didnt grab the pole fast enuff while i was rebaiting and we missed it...So i decided to throw out my pencil and 3 shakes into the retrive i hooked up..Hand the pole over to Nick(my bosses son) and he reeled it in like a champ!!! Smaller blue maybe about 3lbs!! He didnt care he was happy and so was i that it wasnt a skunk...We manged 3 blues on chunks all about 4-6lbs and Nick caught them all on his own!! He was siked!! As the tide went out the crowd showed up and so did the robins..Must of had about 10 of them but they were having fun reeling them in...By 11 the action was slow and the bait was gone...They had a fiun time and so did I watching Nick reel in those fish,learn how to cast and learn how to release a fish the right way..I think i may have created a monster cause he already wants to no when we are going again ...

They left and i went for a marathon trip got some grub and hit the back to try and find some fluke fished from 2pm till 630 and could only managed 2 small 15in and a few more blues Couldnt find any good fluke bite...Maybe it was the S wind or the lack of good moving water but they just werent hitting for me..Saw tons and tons of bunker all over with a few blow ups in the pods here and there mostly blues inside them...It was a nice day so im glad i made the most of it..Would have liked some more flatties for the table but but ya cant get'em everytime...INstead i got a mean sunburn haha...Lots of guys out and didnt see to much catching...Gonna hit the rocks a few times this week to see if they have any flatties hiding in them...

Great report blazin thats what its all about.

Awesome reports gents. I fished moco twice this weekend. Got a few blues on metal sun morning,. skunk-ola the time before that. finchaser if you got skunked it must be real bad out there. dark has said that you could catch fish in a rain puddle. Sorry to hear that. blazin that was awesome good mojo on you for taking them out!

Fished moco this morning on the last of the incoming tide. One rinky dink 18" bass on the bucktail and grub. One 2# bluefish as well.

blazin, rob and shark great reports thats what someone said here i think in a thread called the joy of fishing. shark you look like a ninja warrior great disguise.

Night blues......
    15 blues to 8# last night on the stinky sedge bank flats....

Did a lot of wading,.....
    First it was bunker who should not have been there at that stage of the tide....incredible levels of activity with fish exploding and chasing pods of bunker all over....mag darter was the best producer.....

Then the lull during slack....eventually the fish came back, and were feeding on the pockets of shrimp....pretty good action, but tougher to catch....the challenge and levels of activity were a lot of fun....anything with a tail at the end got activity....teasers or fly fishing would have been ideal but the building wind made me go with a single style....small heavier swimmers with tails.....I still missed at least 10 fish for every one hooked...they were very picky....
    Had to leave when the wind shifted to straight E.....20 mph...it killed all the feeding activity and the opportunity.....

wow sounds like you had a blast thanks for the report.

9 AM 2 bass and 4 blues all on new SP Minnow bunker color guess it works

Nice going finchaser I fished moco this morning. There was a lot of white water. Nothing.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast