Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for June 2014.....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Just north of Island Beach State Park calm winds high tide using the fly rod not a bite. I did see some action about 300 yards out lasted 20 seconds and it was over only had one hour before work at nearby town.

Fished with my buddy Rui on Saturday.

Had to pick through a lot of shorts but we ended up with two keeper fluke each.

^^^^ Make some nice fluke sandwiches out of that, good job. About how deep water did you find them in?

Quote Originally Posted by surferman View Post
    ^^^^ Make some nice fluke sandwiches out of that, good job. About how deep water did you find them in?
    About 10-18ft of water, water temps have warmed up and the fluke are aggressive.

Forgot to mention SHRIMP, SHRIMP, SHRIMP again!!!

Hope to get in a bluefish trip this week before they disappear for the offshore spawn.

Also...BLUE CLAWS are in thick and the waters have warmed so they are coming in close to shore making them easier to catch.

Fished the boat Sunday, great weather day start to finish, Fair Fluke bite 25 to 40 feet of water. Tons of bunker all happy out there was no one Bass fishing at all the way to the Rocks. Some reports popped up from a few Recs who like to be known and a few pay boats but you can see in the pics they seem to be off lower NY waters, so that's about it for NJ.

Nice reports fellas. What happened to ds and his 927 word reports? Has he gone awol? Quit fishing?

Fished moco this morning, sunrise to 6:30, beginning of outgoing. Bucktail and grub. One short fluke.

^^^^ Quick! Check all the porto johns in monmouth and ocean counties! He may have slept a tad too long.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    ^^^^ Quick! Check all the porto johns in monmouth and ocean counties! He may have slept a tad too long.
    This is not good.....He could be anywhere....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p_p.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	18585

So I stay on subject, Sunday thought about fishing in Jersey, went to LI and got skunk (report in that forum).
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

DS he's ok just not catching so he's pouting talked to him Saturday

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Nice work on the flatties JB

^^^^^ haha monty so many porto johns so little time! sorry to hear you got skunked in long island. At least you tried.
    I fished nomoco from 7-9 last night. Black bomber with white teaser in front. Picked up 5 hickory shad and 3 blue fish. Think they were feeding on some type of small bait possibly rainfish as the birds were diving on it as well.

Thanks for the info about the hickories steve. May have to give them a try this week. They are a lot of fun.

I want to get into the hickories. do they migrate from the north to the south? I remember catching them at IBSP before I was catching them at LBI.

^ Finchaser sees and knows all.....
    He's right, people.....I can't catch a fish to save my life....
    I've followed surfstix's lead, and packed up all my gear till the fall run......

Still looking for clean Mr Johns to sleep in...if ya find any keep me posted....
    Catch em up......

rofl. Dark the day you quit fishing is the day I start voting democrat. Fished moco last night shooting for some shark adventures. No browns, a few doggies. Will keep at it till we get one.

You know I didn't realize how bad it had gotten for you surf folks. Was just looking at the manasquan surf cam. There are 2 groups fishing there, a Dad fishing with his young son and daughter and another group. They are baitfishing. Was watching that cam for 15 minutes and none of them has caught anything. I always used to see bait fishermen fishing outside when coming back to the barn and they were usually catching. When you can bait fish outside an inlet and fish the sunset without catching, things must be pretty bad.

Rumor is Dark is going to go fluke fishing followed by some good old fashioned summer time crabbing.

Fished southern monmouth county this morning 6-9ish....managed one small bluefish. Felt good to have a little fight. Saw a few fluke caught.

7 to 9 pm 1 small bass on gags whip it eel

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast