Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for August 2014.....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Moco till sunset. Some small bait around, birds picking. Did some plugging. El skunko.

Thanks for the report at least you tried! Will try to get out there after the rain. Hoping to find something besides short fluke.

...So finally got out on the kayak yesterday afternoon and found some decent action once the tide switched...Landed 18 total with 1 nice 20in keeper lost another decent fish at the yak about the same size*..Had 3 or 4 others that were last season keepers all in all a good day on the water...Lots of bunker swimming around with a couple good sprays in them..Most action was in 18-20ft of water FF read the water temp @ 76 deg....

Nice going Blaze, I wouldn't mind seeing the 17.5" size limits again either!

Blaze were you out front or in the bay?

Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
    Blaze were you out front or in the bay?
    I was in the Sandy hook bay...And i agree John i wanna go back to the 17.5 regs threw a bunch back this year even from the beach that would have been in the cooler last year..

I fished yesterday afternoon after work for two hours on a friends boat. Like Blaze reported there is big adult bunker all over the bay. Also saw lots of those luminous (at night) jellyfish all over the place.

Managed one keeper fluke, some shorts and another one that would have been a keeper last year.

Seems like more croakers may have moved in as my gulp was really getting attacked and I managed three bigger ones.

Croakers and keeper fluke came out of 30-40ft of water.

Got this awesome double sided fluke. I can't remember the proper name for them?

Nice going B420 and JB. Like the coloring on that fluke. Fished moco early morning before sunrise. One stargazer on bucktail and gulp.

Good going fellas. have to be in it to win it. jb you are prob one of the best advertisements out there for buying a kayak.

2 guys fishing 3 poles since 6am. No takers. Ocean looks like a lake.
    http://www.surfchex.com/manasquan-web-cam.php

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    I fished yesterday afternoon after work for two hours on a friends boat. Like Blaze reported there is big adult bunker all over the bay. Also saw lots of those luminous (at night) jellyfish all over the place.

Managed one keeper fluke, some shorts and another one that would have been a keeper last year.

Seems like more croakers may have moved in as my gulp was really getting attacked and I managed three bigger ones.

Croakers and keeper fluke came out of 30-40ft of water.

Got this awesome double sided fluke. I can't remember the proper name for them?
    Nice John! Hey wait i thought you were off the GULP for the month of Aug....Just kidding bud i got a couple of those double sided fluke last year...Cool to see...And real quick how do you guys fillet those croakers been wanting to try cooking them...havent caught any this year but if i do i wanna keep'em...

Guilty August gulp user as charged...I have some alternatives I am going to bring on the yak tomorrow. My gulp stash is almost fully drained down to 1/2 quart once that ends I am done for the year.

Going to give the fluke in the surf on a fly rod a serious effort come September. I do tie a really nice clouser maybe its time to put them to use

The croakers are a little bony but you can filet the bigger ones.

Fishing Cape May county has been pretty bad nothing much to report. Finally got a little better. I fished this morniing and got 4 kingfish. Best bites were the first hour of the incoming. Used a combo of fishbites pieces and bloodworms on the same hook. You can save money that way bloodworms have gotten very expensive. 4 oz to hold.

Nice reports fellas Ill be out on the hunt this weekend. Thanks for sharing that croaker fillet video JB.

Quote Originally Posted by surferman View Post
    Fishing Cape May county has been pretty bad nothing much to report. Finally got a little better.
    Same for me, fishing has sucked big time. Lots of weed all over. Some structure in the back, ocean county. Right around high tide last night. 2 spike weakies on pink zoom and jig. Hope some more show up as I haven't seen them at this one place in a while.

Hit up nomoco 6-8. Got a few short fluke on gulp with gulp teaser. Lots of little ones nipping at it. I changed to a snapper popper and got 10 snappers. some of them were up to 8". I tossed out a smaller one and got a crazy dogfish. The snappers and small bait were up and down the beach. Where are the bigger fish?

Fished off the kayak yesterday from 6am to 5pm. Overall that was probably a stupid idea. Great weather and the first Saturday in a while with low winds brought out 500 boaters. Had one idiot in a small Grady White run at high speeds 10ft off my bow. You would think small boaters know how it feels to get waked but often they are the worst! The guys in the nice offshore center consoles and sport fishers are almost always respectful. I was only 100 yards from land and nowhere near the channels...

Fishing was slow to make my day worse. Caught about two dozen shorts all day and 3 large croaker.

Need the 20-30mph winds back so these guys can go back to sitting on their docks waxing their hulls.

I hate when boaters do that. It's so inconsiderate and I believe a marine violation unless you are in a channel.
    Fished the park this morning. Still some weeds. Picked up 2 small fluke on gulp chartreuse.

This morning I was catching small snappers and livelining them out for fluke. Cownose ray came along and whomped my snapper. It was probably over 50 lbs. I saw it once and that was it. Ended up cutting the line. I haven't seen them before this week. Guess the water has been too cold for them. Be careful out there fellas.
    Also got 3 fluke on the snappers before the ray came along. One keeper 18", 2 shorts.

Thanks for the heads up fnm. They can really do a number on your tackle.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast