Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for Oct 2014...www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Fished the back again from 4 to 7 AM released 14 bass to 31 inches then 2 bluefish after they came through it ended. All on chartreuse shaker tail and jig head, water was nasty looking.

Very nice Blaze
    BAM! Finchaser you not only chase fins you are a true surf sharpie! Awesome report congrats on the catching! You said the water was dirty. What kind of bait do think they were feeding on? thanks
    I fished nomoco from 10-1am last night. Figured it would be a good night out. Beach was pretty crowded where I was. I managed one striped on shad and one hickory on the teaser. Damn that water looked real fishy but I guess no one gave the memo to the fish. Didn't see much else caught at that spot, a few shorts over the whole time span.

Found the Diner Founder the Diners. Bass put on a display all around on clouds of rainfish, and a few nuts mixed in. The only problem they were mostly laughing my offererings, only got 2. They were flying through the bait schools at super speeds and sending it airborn. Got so frustrated i just took pictures. Headlight will scare bass? How about add a flash going of every 5 seconds, they didnt care one bit. You can see a bass face coming up on last pic too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bait3.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	18932Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bait8.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	18933Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bait6.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	18934Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bait10-11.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	18935

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    BAM! Finchaser you not only chase fins you are a true surf sharpie! Awesome report congrats on the catching! You said the water was dirty. What kind of bait do think they were feeding on? thanks
    I fished nomoco from 10-1am last night. Figured it would be a good night out. Beach was pretty crowded where I was. I managed one striped on shad and one hickory on the teaser. Damn that water looked real fishy but I guess no one gave the memo to the fish. Didn't see much else caught at that spot, a few shorts over the whole time span.

water was dirty remember I was not out front ,there were mullet and large 2 to 4 " spearing almost looked like the winter variety

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Great pics SharkHart.

I always struggle to catch bass whenever there is that much small bait around. I had the same experience about a week ago.

That is an awesome set of photo's sharkhart! Nice that you were able to capture it. what camera were you using if you don't mind my asking?
    Nice going on the bass catches finchaser it must be nice to have bass thumb. And thanks for all the help and wisdom.

I dont use anything fancy, it is a mid range Kodak Point and Click camera, so I can have it in my pocket. It takes about 5 secs to snap the picture after I click it so i was was just shooting randomly to try to luck/time when the bass came up.

Well I fished cape may over the weekend and brought the skunk home. The surf was too dirty and big to catch. I even tried my favorite inlet and nada. SH and FC great reports at least some one is catching!

Moco this morning from 6-8. dead sea where I was. Part of that was probably low tide it just started coming in. The other part of it was lack of fish.

Two of us fished OC 11:30am -6:30pm. Wind was blowing 15 - 20 south and water was off color with some weed, so we decided to fish mullet for the small bluefish and had a decent pick most of the afternoon. Ended the day with about 3 dozen of the small blues. Did not see any birds or bait the entire day.

See the Bass Eye in the lower right corner of the bait going airborn Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bassbait.jpg 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	18936

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    I dont use anything fancy, it is a mid range Kodak Point and Click camera, so I can have it in my pocket. It takes about 5 secs to snap the picture after I click it so i was was just shooting randomly to try to luck/time when the bass came up.
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    See the Bass Eye in the lower right corner of the bait going airborn Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bassbait.jpg 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	18936
    Thanks for the response. Awesome pics dude thanks for sharing! I fished NoMoCo last nite from 5-7. Outgoing tide. S wind was bad but it was a little better where I was. Picked up one little striper on a storm shad about 1/2 hour before low tide. A few more hits and bumps. Bite died when it got to low.

Quote Originally Posted by fishrich View Post
    Two of us fished OC 11:30am -6:30pm. Wind was blowing 15 - 20 south and water was off color with some weed, so we decided to fish mullet for the small bluefish and had a decent pick most of the afternoon. Ended the day with about 3 dozen of the small blues. Did not see any birds or bait the entire day.
    Nice going guys.

Good job gents! I fished near brigantine after work yesterday. Nada.

Sharkheart thank you for sharing those bait explosion photos. Stuff like that keeps me motivated to go out there. Fished the back moco this morning incoming tide. It was grey and windy from the se. Picked up 2 little bass on a tsunami shad and one bluefish which destroyed the swimbait. Only had limited time so I quit after that. The wind and weather seemed perfect for an epic bass bite but it seems the fish are few and far between for me so far this fall.

Went down to the beach in OC this morning at 5. Casted a popper for about 15 minutes. Dirty water. No dice. Cool pics sharkhart.

Well I finally got a fall striper. Fished nomoco last night from 9:30-12:30. I was using a storm shad with a small teaser about 18" up the line. Got one striper 21" and 4 hickory shad. These hickory shad are big! One of them was almost as big as the striper! fun night and good weather. Thanks for all the tips guys!

Congrats dude you never forget your first --
    striper of the season, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by VSdreams View Post
    Congrats dude you never forget your first --
    I must be mistaken. I thought that phrase referred to stink finger, like when you were 15 and got some. Congrats on your first fall striper porgy. I wont be out striper fishing until november. Save some for me until then.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stink-finger-tattoo-design.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	18947

One track mind. lol. Hey bababooey we are talking FISHING here not the 3 day old fish odor you keep eluding to! I fished No Moco this morning in the dark and picked up 2 short stripers on a popper. Teased another 3 but missed. They could have been bluefish don't know because the hits were out far for me to see the fish. Fish feeding on small bait this morning and birds hovering. Anywhere from 50 to 500 yards out. Nice clean water. Felt like fall but without the cold chill. Monty you are really getting ahead of me with the dead things. The water was clean and so was the beach. Not one dead thing to be found. I think with the beach replenishment the dead thing finding is starting to suck for me. I will have to start making some extra trips to search for those creatures. I am still the King of Dead things. I have more quantity than anyone on the site. You will not beat me without an MMA intensity type battle!

It looks like hardly anyone is fishing out there. Only one other guy on the beach this morning and he caught a few too on bucktails. Bite died at sunrise.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    One track mind. lol. Hey bababooey we are talking FISHING here not the 3 day old fish odor you keep eluding to!
    I think there are several kinds of "fishing" that fall under that category, dude. No? When I grew up I remember the phrase "If it smells like cologne leave it alone, if it smells like fish it is a dish!"

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast