Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for September 2013.....wwwStripersAndAnglers.com

Hybrid View

Got out in the dark this morning after the rain. There was an awesome fog on the beach. Fished more in moco than nomoco. Picked up 6 short bass on the ava and redgill combo and one bluefish. Most hit the redgill. The bite died around slack. It was tough to wade out with the low water and waves.I took a coffee break and returned. Picked up again 1 hour into the incoming, Fished 3-8am.
    Nice going on the weakfish JB! Question when you were getting the croakers and spot were you using clams or worms and what worked better?

Nice reports fellas. Missed the alarm this moriining. When I opened my eyes saw the bright sun and knew it was too late. w4f would love to be a fly on the wall as you work the pimp hand. Wear a go pro take it to one of the networks I'm sure people would watch.

Good catching guys.

Nice to see my fellow jersey fishermen are catching. I try to follow this to see where things are at relative to stripers moving. I have only got one bass so far this month but we did have some bluefish move to the rivers. Best of luck and thanks for the reports

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Question when you were getting the croakers and spot were you using clams or worms and what worked better?
    Sand worms.

I was getting severely out fished by a friend at first and took notice. The difference was that he would jig his bait occasionally.

I started to do the same thing and noticed that often when I went to lift (jig) the bait the spot was already on the hook but I never felt the fish take it. I'm not sure if this is a "spot" thing or if the fish were just lethargic.