Thread: Dead stuff found while fishing (beware gross picture)

Hybrid View

monty nice looken kitty

Yep Monty that definitely looks like a prop slice to the dolphin, sad to see.

Pebbles and I found a sea turtle with a prop slice last year, I'll link that video to this thread.

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ght=sea+turtle

Quote Originally Posted by speedy View Post
    monty nice looken kitty
    Thanks,
    Cats are great.

Finding that dead dolphin was a bummer, bummed me out for a good hour out there, felt bad for it, actually stopped fishing for a good 30 minutes.
    Read somewhere that this dolphin may have been dead for at least a good 10 days, a boater mentioned it somewhere, saw it belly up. Description had the same damage to the internal organ.
    I hate seeing this stuff.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

I hooked a seagull once. He went after my popper. I tried reeling him in but, it kept screaming like I was hurting it everytime I pulled gently. Ijust cut the line. I hope a boater saw him and helped him out. I have untangled birds in the past that were already on the beach.

rip316 that was good that you tried to help the gull out. It's not always possible to get them unhooked, but if you don't, they risk death from the line, especially if you use braid. I try to always have a towel with me in case this happens. No matter how much they scream, try not to pay attention to them. Bring them as close as you can. Keep them on or near to the ground. Then, when they are within arm's reach, put the towel over their head and grasp firmly. They should stop moving or at least calm down a bit when that happens. I found a gull near some pilings one time that was so tangled in braid he couldn't fly. We brought him in, covered with a towel, snipped the braid, and he was good as new.

CT Good story, great deed.
    I have hooked one bird (successful release ).

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieTuna View Post
    rip316 that was good that you tried to help the gull out. It's not always possible to get them unhooked, but if you don't, they risk death from the line, especially if you use braid. I try to always have a towel with me in case this happens. No matter how much they scream, try not to pay attention to them. Bring them as close as you can. Keep them on or near to the ground. Then, when they are within arm's reach, put the towel over their head and grasp firmly. They should stop moving or at least calm down a bit when that happens. I found a gull near some pilings one time that was so tangled in braid he couldn't fly. We brought him in, covered with a towel, snipped the braid, and he was good as new.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Thanx Monty!
    i found some weird things too, last october i found this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIMG0187.jpg   CIMG0184.jpg  

CIMG0183.jpg  

That almost looks like the Montauk monster, Lenny.