Thread: Lefty Carr is gone

Default Lefty Carr is gone

He was on the plugbuilding circuit for many years. In recent years his health has not been the best. His wife passed 2 weeks ago. Now he has left us on Dec 22. RIP, Lefty.

24 December 2009

Wade P. Carr "Lefty" Sr.

(Asbury Park Press)

WADE P. "LEFTY" CARR, SR.

Wade P. "Lefty" Carr, Sr., 81, of Freehold passed away Tuesday, Dec. 22, 2009 at Jersey Shore University Medical Center, Neptune Township. He was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He was a lineman for Jersey Central Power and Light Company, Hightstown before his retirement 40 years ago. He was a communicant of St. Rose of Lima R.C. Church, Freehold and a member of the Asbury Park Fishing Club. He was a master plug maker and the creator of the famous "Lefty" Fishing Lure.

His wife, Dorothy R. Carr, died on December 7th. He was predeceased by his son, Wade P. Carr, Jr., in 2008. Surviving are five sons, Gene Carr and his wife Georgenne, Ron Carr and his wife Bonnie, Chris Carr, James Carr and his wife Danielle, and Clark Carr; a daughter, Susan Macaluso; two brothers, John and Michael Carr; 12 grandchildren; and ten great grandchildren.

Visiting hours will be held at the Higgins Memorial Home, 20 Center Street, Freehold on Saturday from 9:00 to 10:30 a.m. The Funeral Liturgy will be celebrated at St. Rose of Lima Church, Freehold on Saturday, Dec. 26, at 11:00 a.m. followed by interment at St. Rose of Lima Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations to would be appreciated.

I had heard that and was hoping it was just a rumor. Very sad to hear, thought and prayers to the family.

RIP old friend

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

He was pretty famous. Sorry to hear that. Thanks for posting the obit. It was nice to read something about him that was different. He will be missed, thoughts and prayers to the family.

Sad news, My heart goes out to the Carr Family. He will be missed.

Wow, we lose some more of the good ones every year. Condolences to the family.

Sad news, prayers for the family.

I didnt know a lot about the man, but the obituary seems to give a good sense of who he was. I searched and found a picture of his work. I am sorry I never got a chance to meet him. RIP and condolenses to the family.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails leftylaserlure.jpg  

I think met him at the 2008 Asbury show I think. For some reason I don't remember seeing him in 2009.

His family has had more than their share of grief. His son Wade Jr. passed away in 2008. It's a terrible thing for a parent to have to bury their son.

I hope people don't take this the wrong way, but his wife also passed on Dec 7. If you have a lifetime marriage to a woman you love and you're both old and facing multiple health issues, IMO one of the best things that can happen is if a husband and wife can leave this world at relatively the same time.

We had that happen in our family about 10 years ago. We had an uncle who was loved by everyone, but had serious physical ailments. His wife died around this time of year, and he died 3 days later. They were both in their late 70's. Those in our family believe he died of a broken heart.

My deepest condolences to the Carr family and their extended families. I think many will remember Lefty and his wife and son, not only for their recognition in the fishing world but also because they were good people who tried to set an example in whatever they did. RIP.

Thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear that, prayers to the family.

Sad, condolences to the family.