Thread: New Lures 2010

Default New Lures 2010

Happy New Year to all
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jan 7 10.jpg  

Hey man nice stuff! Looks like you're now making some needles and metal lips.

I missed hooking up with ya this fall. Sorry it didn't work out. I guess we both kept playing phone tag.

No worries, I'll be over in JB by the end of April. Get that kayak set up and we'll hit the sedges.

Hope you and your family had a great Christmas, talk to ya soon!

Happy New Year to you and your Family, still looking for a kayak,
    call me at house phone 718 766 0284
    good luck

For those who don't know Brasilva, he's relatively new to the plugbuilding scene. He was selling for awhile out of his van, just to a few friends. He's been on the internet for a few years now. At any of the larger sites, they know him by name in the plug building forums.

He's also kinda well known for some of the long rods he uses. I believe some of them are up to 14'. He pairs them with a magged Abu, and can cast a mile with them. Search out his videos on youtube for more info on that.

I bought and used some of his bottle plugs last year. The ones I got were big, geared toward spring bass. I didn't use them much after the spring run because of their size, and I kinda missed out on the cows at the jetties.

I can say, however, that his bottle plugs cast great in a strong wind. I was happy with how they swam, but more importantly the distance I got when throwing them.

I see that's he's now making more of a varied selection. I haven't used any of the new ones, but I'm sure he would be glad to answer questions you might have.

E-mail him at:

jfsny@hotmail.com

Here's a link to a thread showcasing some of his work:
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3874

wow beautiful work!

Thank you, try my best, still learning

Those plugs are awesome. Are you currently selling any of them?

I went to the other thread dark highlighted. You really like bright colors dude, bold and cool. Nice looking plugs.

Brasilva, that is great work there, beatiful plugs. I went to the link that Dark attached above. The last the last plug in that link How did you get the scales to look so real..

Vpass, I C&P the ones you might have been referring to. When I met him last year, he was taking bluefish and seabass skins and pasting him onto the plugs, kind of like the eelskin swimmers guys set up, but with the blues and seabass.

Lots of work for one plug. Brasilva's always trying something different.

I talked to him this morning. He's not big on typing a lot of words on the internet. The whole internet thing has been a learning curve for him.

I'm sending ya a PM with his #. He fishes the same areas you did when you were growing up, and did well on albies last year in that general area, his first time getting into them.

He had some great stories. If you ever want to build a sick conventional to throw plugs with, he'll give ya some advice on that too. Give him a call anytime.

Pic set 6

Check out how intense this guy is. In searching for the closest thing to the real swimming fish, he decided to make some plugs with real bluefish and seabass skins on them. Great work!!

[NOT FOR SALE]

OMG, they're beautiful. When I'll get into plug making. I will definitly try fish skins. A really cool touch.

thanks to all of you, I am very happy with those lures, and still try for more, now is the 4 pcs swimmer

still in process,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4 pcs try 1.jpg