Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for April 2016

Quote Originally Posted by J Barbosa View Post
    So many guys in NJ wait for others to catch or spend more time on the internet looking for fish then they do on the water.

20# surf bass from Wednesday. Atlantic City boardwalk
    Very well said sir!
    Btw what program did you use to post that fish it almost looks like an albacore with the lines

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    yesterday after noon 3 to 6 pm blues between 12 and 16 pounds on ice cream
    This morning 5:30 to 7:30 2, blues in the teens 3 bass 24 to 30 inches and a 7# weakfish all on SP minnow
    Haha funny stuff. Last week I got some blues on peas and carrots!

Nice catches guys. Was out in nomoco in the rain tonight looking g for stripers. No dice.

Just got done. Got into some nice blues this afternoon in the back. tried to Parlay that into larger bass, and only two shorts on SPs. a little drizzly out there. Water felt a little cold. Bait guys seemed to be doing pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    Pink zooms
    Thanks. Have gotten them sometimes on mag Darter, and also on a light Bucktail as well. Good to hear there around, I may look for them this week

Congrats on the catches you guys. I went looking for blues before work this morning and couldn't find any. It was like they completely turned off. or on temporary hiatus.

Weakie fever made me convice myself to force it in bad conditions, it was a disaster, 1 lb globs of grass on every cast and dirty water from these constant NE winds, 1 rat bass saved me from the skunk even tough it felt like a skunk

Better one, than none!

Incoming tide in Cape May this morning. some friends are getting nice stripers on bunker, but today wasn't my day. Eau de skunk. beautiful morning.

Originally Posted by finchaser yesterday after noon 3 to 6 pm blues between 12 and 16 pounds on ice cream
    This morning 5:30 to 7:30 2, blues in the teens 3 bass 24 to 30 inches and a 7# weakfish all on SP minnow

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Haha funny stuff. Last week I got some blues on peas and carrots!
    No the new GT Ice Cream surface lure not a joke. Like the old line stretchers and Roberts ranger only casts further and easier to fish. I rig mine with a split ring and 34007 hook instead of the assist hook
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails images (1).jpg  

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Fished moco with high hopes this morning. Figured with the overcast weather would be perfect for at least some blue fish. I'm joining the skunk parade here. Skunk on stripers. Skunk on blue fish.

finhaser thank you for posting that. I really thought you were just busting our balls. I'll have to pick some of them up and try them.
    according to the promo it says just retrieve them in, is that what you are doing? Thanks

Yes cast and retrieve got 4 blues on it this morning works great in choppy water the needle fish shaped one is nothing to write home to mother about
    They come in 1 to 4 ounce. I use the 1 1/2 and 2

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789