Another big problem for Jetty fishing is guys using 8 ft "fall" type rods which are bad for several reasons.

I seen some casting horrors going on this week, the shorter rodsjust dont keep the plugs above other guys noggins and they are launching from a lower trajectory i was wincing all days plugs hummed just a foot over others head. For what ever crazy reason a lot of these guys seem to have a sideways hitch when they cast maybe compenating for the underpower rod and trying for distance. If you are Jetty Jocking anything under 10 ft is way to short.

The other problem going on was when these guys would hook up they couldnt control their bass and they were swimming every which way for too long, now the angler is happy but others if considerate and thats a big IF have to wait and lose precious time that the fish are in range. I was 2 spots next to a guy who had a bass nearly swimming to portugal , he was all smiles and laughs as he fought the fish for an eternity while i wanted to cry because I couldnt cast. Im sure none of this help anything so im just venting really!