Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And so it begins: Insanity on the beaches ...

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Facebook liars, braggers and just plain idiots
    this is the worst offense no doubt did anyone see the latest facebook photo on surfcasters inc? There are dozens of comments laughing about the camraderie and the fun they had fishing together. jmo but looks about as much fun as hanging out at a gay bathhouse. not for me thats for sure.

Attachment 17920
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails one call does it all.jpg  

They might as well be fishing a pond elbow to elbow.
    Not for me in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinmission78 View Post
    this is the worst offense no doubt did anyone see the latest facebook photo on surfcasters inc? There are dozens of comments laughing about the camraderie and the fun they had fishing together. jmo but looks about as much fun as hanging out at a gay bathhouse. not for me thats for sure.

Attachment 17920
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

may 23 2014

They are here let the insanity start back to no fishing on weekends

Just watched a fisherman get pushed out of his spot by surfers on the web cam

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

A picture from today's intel Bucket head where are you

Finchaser I was off to the side. Some of the younger guys saw us catching fish and came running down like the calvary soldiers from WWII. I am too old to play games with those folks and just moved on. I kept walking looking for large concentrations of bait while many of the others were looking for blitzes with binoculars. After moving a bit I found some more fish and kept doing that so I was on the periphery. A lot of my fish were taken by blind casting. I did just as well or better than some of the younger folks literally running up and down the beach to follow the bunker. There was other bait under the surface. Ended up fishing next to 2 young Spanish or Mexican gentlemen. What impressed me is with all the good fishing going on they only left with 3 nice fish between them. Some of the club members I saw had a few fish laying around on the beach, possibly more than their limit. I feel there is some culling going on by some fishing club members and it should be addressed by their Presidents. I try to walk away as it sickens me to see it. I am too old to fight these young Vikings. I would rather catch fish on the edge than be in the midst of the mayhem.

Congratulations on your fish as well. I am impressed with your 45lb bass and have enjoyed your reports here for years. My 26, not so much although it was a good fish to me. I remember the old days at Giglios when a 26 would rarely cause a raised eyebrow because many of the "nice" fish weighed in were much bigger. Those were the days.

^^^Great job I must know you I use to go to giglio's when Art was there.

Yes the younger generation are all about blitz and cell phone fishing . I am not into that commando fishing either. It's amazing how us old folks still show respect for the sport, people and the fish. Many of them don't realize we taught them what they know not what we know. Anyway great catching the 26 from the beach is a greater achievement to me then a 45 from a boat

I am never cold when I am catching fish thats the key!

Anyone see this photos from today floating around facebook, truly amazing Attachment 19074
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10411252_754066597982125_8382280056092253568_n.jpg  

Yeah I agree. Catching brings your adrenaline level up. Cold dont matter if you are into some nice fish. Saw that fb pic as well. Ocean county has turned into a zoo with not much to show for it.

What it looked like at the park a few days ago when news of the bite got out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2323u2349 IB.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	19085

God thats crazy! Who would want to fish in that crowd?

the 1 day bite is over fish moved on yesterday see above the boats thought they might be in the surf like Saturday wrong yesterday suc_ed on beach and the 300 hundred or so boats

The Gambler had 80 fairs and drew the pool out of a hat as no bass or blues were caught

Quote Originally Posted by hookedonbass View Post
    Fished moco yesterday for 2 hours till dark. Got a lot of that "you just missed em buddy they were here today!"
    Hah I got that too. Tried several places in moco. At one they were saying they got blues and some stripers and catching good. Then some guy named capt ron in his huge boat came and mugged them. Isn't that weird a boat mugging the surf guys rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    Nice going to all u guys who found them! I haven't been out just reading reports and it's crazy to me how some are saying "the best fall run ever" and "the bass pop is strong".....Maybe the best run for some on a personal level but not as a general statement...Way to spotty and WAYYYY to many guys fishing opposed to catching...I saw some pics of the boats lined up in OC..it was INSANE how many there were!! The bunker schools and puts have been hold fish and some good ones but if ya don't find the schools seems your SOL!!....
    Thats what I was hearing. Got skunked last night. Did hear of some nice blues and a few stripers mixed in until the boats came and ruined it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12