Hey guys and gals. I've made it my mission to learn more about cancer.

The recent sadness that Pebbles and I have been through makes me think that there are a lot of people out there who do not have all the facts on cancer, so I'm asking anyone out there who can help us, to post up in this thread with any links, articles, personal anecdotes, anything they feel will benefit someone else down the road.

Cancers like pancreatic cancer, spine cancer, and in some cases bone cancer, are probably to a large extent not curable. From what I've seen in life, anyone getting these types most often dies, albeit at different times.

And I don't mean to insult anyone who has or knows someone who gets any of the above cancers, my heart goes out to you people.

The main point I'm trying to make here is that not all cancer is curable, no matter how much we hope and pray. Prayer will not cure pancreatic cancer, if that person was meant to survive, they will. The best thing I have learned is that it's never too early to prepare for the possibility of death if you have a cancer diagnosis.

Death is the final destination for us all..... but on the way there, there is nothing wrong with taking charge and celebrating our life, mending the broken fences of failed relationships and hurt feelings, and in general making peace with those we are close to.

As mentioned. I'll try to focus on the allegedly treatable cancers, prostate cancer, lung cancer, breast cancer, etc. Also the best suggestions for early detection.

I can't do this by myself, people, I need your help.

Each and every person in this world has in some way been touched by cancer, and I'm sure some of you have some painful stories to tell.

So I'm asking for your help and participation in this thread. If it's personal to you, and you absolutely cannot share it with the public, so be it.

But if you feel for one second that what you have to say could help someone else down the road, please share with us.

What knowledge or advice any one of you might have, and not feel is important, could help save a life down the road someday.

Just remember there are no right or wrong answers or opinions in this thread. All input is welcome as long as it is given respectfully in the spirit of helping others.

And I don't have to remind any fishermen out there that we have lost quite a few of our fishing brothers to cancer, one of the most recent being Gary Hull, the well-known maker of Gary2 plugs, who succumbed to complications from prostrate cancer last year. RIP, Gary.

Although I only got to talk to him a few times, I admired and respected him. I remember exactly where I was the night I heard he died, and where I was fishin.

He left us way too early. Who knows if his disease could have been arrested from early detection, but early detection is the best way we have now of saving someone's life.

So apologies if this is a little long winded, or if you feel it doesn't belong in the main forum, it is what it is, as JimmyZ says.

Please help us if you can by contributing to this thread, opinions, comments, or any articles you find out there, as long as you post the link for the article as well. Thanks.