Thread: What make....

Threaded View

Dark, enjoyed the stories.

stormchaser, always liked the Jeeps

nightstrikes, I'm sure you'd like to have that 'Stang back

Fin, I bet you’d still like to have that Chevelle today, sweet.

In 1967 my first car was a 1965 Fiat, 4-door box, strictly transportation, no fun. After 6 months of that car I picked up a cherry Roman Red Impala convertible (black top) with a 348ci/ six pack/350hp. Got tired of the 348 after another 6 months and picked up and dropped a late model 409/dual quad/425hp in th RR Impala (gas was only about $.29/gal then). That engine ripped that car apart- blew head gaskets, tranny’s, rears, banjos, spent more time with my butt sticking outta the hood than in the seat, but I loved every minute of it, miss those times.

Junked that car in ’69 and put the 409 into a 1961 Impala (pale green “sleeper”) “Bubble Top”. Got rid of that engine after a while and placed a 327 (340hp-paid $40) in it. All engines provided a lot of good times ( and lose of license a few times). The best part was when you lifted the hood, all you saw was an engine, from wheel well to wheel well, nothing but engine.

During this time and up till mid 1970 I also had a 1966 Triumph Bonneville (650cc/dual carb/metalflake green(bad luck color) and a 1958 Pontiac Chieftain (4/5 body trunk), part chaser, re-painted barrier blue iridescent. Had a great boat ride and you just couldn’t kill it. Cruised nice and you could fit any amount of gear in that trunk, just one of the fun cars. More to follow?

Happy Trails
    Last edited by surfwalker; 07-25-2010 at 11:43 AM. Reason: years mixed up