Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: NJ fishing reports for October 2010

Fishing Mon AM:
    Hit the surf from 5-8:15, nothing for me but a fluke. Ran into Vpass out there. The dude lost 45# on a diet. Ya look great, best of health V!
    Motivation for me to lose more than the 9# I seem to be stuck at.

Fishing Tue AM:
    Fished the last of the ebb last night, and half the flood this morning.
    Hit a few places. First place managed a 8# bluefish on small swimmer. Fish were feeding but picky.

2nd place... nothing.

3rd place... I had missed the earlier bite, so I worked rubber and small swimmers for 2 hours until I got a short bass. No further action until sunrise for me, when things heated up a bit. Fish were in close feeding on sandeels.

I managed 9 more bass and some other fish on rubber and metal.

Total for the night:
    1 bluefish
    10 bass to 31"
    2 fluke
    2 hickory shad

I left when the action died down to a slow pick. Late for work, had to apologize to people all day.

(Also to the guy whose pics I took of him and his fish on the beach last week and haven't e-mailed them to him yet....Tim, if you're reading this please accept my apologies. I haven't had much computer time as fishing has recently taken over. I will send them out to ya first chance I get. )

I'm happy to have action like that but sad at the same time, because I often don't have the discipline to leave when the action is good and I have to be somewhere else. Is there a 12 step program for fishing addiction?

Default Addiction

The time is always too short and the addiction never goes away.

Happy Trails

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Is there a 12 step program for fishing addiction?
    Yeah, it's called mo fishin and mo fishin. Fish till you die, that'll cure you!

I fished OC from 3-5 after work, 3 big gator blues on ava17.

Thumbs up

Finally got into some quality fish last night. Fished from last of the incoming to half way through outgoing.

Got 5 nice bass plus as many shorts. Keepers were from 30in to 37in. Got the first on a black bomber then a Small sluggo on a jighead then the rest came on a 5in gulp sand eel smacked onto a 1/2 oz RonZ lead head. They were very picky since there was about a billion sand eels in the water. So that was my ticket.. it worked and there ya have it!

Would have had more pics but I kept putting the camera in video mode and in the dark that just doesn't work out so well.

Tight Lines!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010 Oct Bass 1.jpg   2010 Oct Bass 2.jpg  

2010 Oct Bass 3.jpg   2010 Oct Bass 4.jpg  

nice catches guys, im a loser i gave it half hearted real fast try late last night, the wind was up by then , found one 30" bass and convinced myself the south was too much, bailed on this morning too, sounds like a nice wave came in.

I finally took my fly rod out for the first time in 2 yrs. It was a good move. I used a sparsely tied deciever and landed 9 Bass to 34 inches, 15 pounds on the boga. I had a few keeper size fish. I kept the 34 incher for the table.

After it got dark I had a hard time with the flyrod so I went back to the car to get my plugging stick and caught 4 more bass. I got a total of 13 bass with my personal best flyrod caught bass. It was nice to see my backing again.

I checked the stomach contents of the 34 incher, and it was stuffed with 4 inch to 5 inch Sandeels mostly fresh and not digested yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PA250463.jpg  

Nice catches All!! The season is ramping up, some great action out there for those willing to put in the time.

Vpass, exceptional time fly fishin that ya had. I loved hearing that story, could listen to it again and again. You hunted and stalked those fish away from the usual places, and got some well-deserved action.

Fished last night 8-12. I missed the early action, and ended up on a beach with a few other maniac surfcasters. Ran into Joe'sfishinproblem and a few other die-hard surfcasters. All of us giving it our best shot. I couldn't even manage a tap at that time, though I didn't fish the teaser because I wanted distance in the swell.

The building S wind and swell, with 4' waves breaking on the beach at times, made it tough to present. High hook where I fished was a guy to my left who got one short bass on a teaser. Good meetin ya's.
    He's the type of guy who didn't want to give up. Almost everyone else had left and he said to me as I was leaving "I'm gonna give it just one more hour..."

I was shot from the lack of sleep, and knew I had to leave when I started seeing things that weren't there on the way back. Hallucinations in color, back to the LSD days.

I imagine if the S wind laid down it would start up again, but had to get to work early today.
    Bumped into Rip and Cardoc on the way to my car. I told them they should wait till sunrise, as I predict another mad dog morning bite right about now... same as yesterday. With no sun it should go on for awhile.

Last I heard they had one fish, hope ya got into em, guys.
    If anyone fished the sunrise today, please let me know, either here or PM. I'd like to see if the prediction came true.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Was talking with Dark earlier in the day and he did some crazy math and said I would catch 3 bass. Must have a direct line with that Neptune guy. Great time, had beach basically to myself. All fish released.
    Monty, it's a lot better than that. I used to just pray to him, now I send Brazilian and Russian strippers to Atlantis, his home away from home.
    He's a lot more forthcoming with the intel when I talk to him now...

I told them they should wait till sunrise, as I predict another mad dog morning bite right about now... same as yesterday. With no sun it should go on for awhile.

Last I heard they had one fish, hope ya got into em, guys.
    If anyone fished the sunrise today, please let me know, either here or PM. I'd like to see if the prediction came true.
    Dark, you should play the lottery today, your pimp hand is strong.
    I fished from 6-9 on the incoming. The bass were aggressive and killing the sluggo. For an hour they were slurping right on top, then they went deeper but still eating. Got 22 bass. Most were 22-26", but 2 were 32 and 34". What a morning. I too was late for work, and used the "flat tire" excuse. I wonder how many times I'll be able to use that before my boss gets suspicious?

Thanks again Dark.

hey u dudes are getting some nice bass out front grats on the fatties! me and some buds fished the back last nite and killed the gator blues we snagged bunker and fished chunks and heads got 11 giant gators up to 15 lbs on the chunks and one 33" bass on a head.

Vpass, great report, congratulations on the fly rod PB, nice fish!
    Quote Originally Posted by vpass View Post
    I used a sparsely tied deciever and landed 9 Bass to 34 inches, 15 pounds on the boga. I had a few keeper size fish.
    I got a total of 13 bass with my personal best flyrod caught bass.:
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Congrats on your PB flyrod Vpass! Great stories here, it looks like some nice fishing is ahead of us! I got into them too, 13 bass to 17lbs, all released, 3 over 15lbs, I started at 5pm and just finished a few minutes ago, what a night of fishing! I don't know how I'll make it through work today but I'll be . All on sluggos. Thanks for the sluggo advice Dark!

Over 10 bass including this one which I truly enjoyed catching. What a great fight. Released after a quick photo. Bass made my lunker city jig head look like a pretzel. Hooked on a long sluggo.

Plan to sleep before fishing did not work out so time to suck it up. Got home after 5am.

Got some excellent news from Yukon last night that my older son is on page 3 of The Fisherman for his tournament win. Picked a couple up on my way home.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2807cropped.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	12378

Most excellent reports fellas. I landed 7 to 18#, there were some bigguns last night. Outgoing. 6 on sluggo, the biggest on bucktail and pork. All still swimming. Congrats on your son in the Fisherman, Charlie, you should scan it and post it up. And Vpass, nice bass on the fly rod, it must have been a blast!

Hit NOMOCO last night around 4pm. The bite was already on. My 2 brothers and I start fishing everything we had and put 2 bait rods out. Great night catching 30 shorts in the 26-27 1/2 range and 7 keepers. I have a bonus tag. We love to eat them and so does our family so for this trip we kept the keepers. When we left at 9:30 the fish were still there and still biting. Also managed a few fluke in the mix that hit pretty hard. All released. Check out the second bass's tail how it is bent. That is how he was caught. I thought it was kinda weird.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0548.jpg  
    "Don't be shy, give it a try"

Fished NOMOCO this am and caught 4 shorts all around 26". Not a lot of fish caught and the ones that were all went back. Same area as Cardoc was last night. Totally different results though. All the Atlantic Highlands head boats blew by the beach heading south. Just goes to show you that fish do swim. Will be back out this evening.

Don't let Charlie's picture fool ya. He's a real short fella.

BTW, WTG on a good night!

way to go cardoc got into the fish good i need nights like that

Fishing Mon AM:
    Ran into Vpass out there. The dude lost 45# on a diet. Ya look great, best of health V!
    Thanks Dark, the last few pounds was due to crazy fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Vpass, great report, congratulations on the fly rod PB, nice fish!
    Thanks Monty.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowherder View Post
    Congrats on your PB flyrod Vpass! ]
    Thanks Cowherder.
    Nice going on your night out. This definitly the good times.

Quote Originally Posted by C4Charlie View Post
    Got some excellent news from Yukon last night that my older son is on page 3 of The Fisherman for his tournament win.
    Congrats. C4Charlie. That's cool. Nice going the those fish this morning.

-------------------------------------
    Good going guys on your fishes.

This morning from 2am to 9:30am. I fished with a good friend (godfather to my daughter, and My best man of my wedding) He got 4 bass to 31 inches on Vision Sandeel.

I got 9 bass to 13 pounds on the boga. Maybe 5 keepers. It was a ball. I used sluggos, and teasers. I think 2 of the fish were on the teaser. It was a nice pick in the dark. I will be heading out again this afternoon for a few hours. My body feels broken. I'm also a little Loopy from the lack of sleep.

Went out for a second round from 5:30pm to 8:30. I got 1 short on sluggo.

Those are great pics and stories. I am heading out in about 15 minutes. I am all catch and release, so you won't see a line up of fish from me.

wow. you guys really killing them. nice job everyone. cant wait to get out again!

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast