Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Korkers Banned in Allenhurst, NJ

Default Korkers Banned in Allenhurst, NJ

We owe all of this to the Bunker snag and drop/pencil popper crew

A new ordinance banning Korkers
    What makes it interesting is that there's no way to get to the concrete ramp without having to cross the boardwalk and risk a $1000 fine.

What a great way to thin the crowd without technically violating any access rules.

http://www.allenhurstnj.org/filestor...820/agenda.pdf

ORDINANCE #2011-04
    AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND AN ORDINANCE ENTITLED, “AN ORDINANCE
    TO REGULATE FISHING AT THE ALLENHURST BEACH CLUB”, ADOPTED
    BY THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONIERS OF THE BOROUGH OF
    ALLENHURST ON MAY 8, 1973 AND AMENDED ON AUGUST 28, 1973
    BE IT ORDAINED BY THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OF THE
    BOROUGH OF ALLENHURST:
    SECTION 1. That Section 4 of an ordinance entitled “An Ordinance to Regulate
    Fishing at the Allenhurst Beach Club”, adopted by the Board of Commissioners on February 8,
    1973, and amended on August 28, 1973, be added as follows:
    Section 4. No person or persons shall walk with spiked shoes or any spiked
    footwear or in any way damage or cause damage to the wooden boardwalk owned and
    maintained by the Borough of Allenhurst.
    SECTION 2. Any person or persons violating any of the provisions of this ordinance
    shall, at the discretion of the Municipal Magistrate, be subject to a fine not to exceed One
    Thousand ($1,000.00) Dollars, or imprisoned in the Monmouth County Jail for a term not to
    exceed thirty (30) days, or both.
    SECTION 3. Any ordinance to part of an ordinance heretofore adopted by the Board
    of Commissioners of the Borough of Allenhurst inconsistent with the provisions of the within
    ordinance is hereby repealed to the extent of its inconsistency.
    SECTION 4. should any section or portion of this ordinance be held to be illegal or
    unconstitutional by any court of competent jurisdiction, said section or portion thereof shall be
    severed and the remaining portions of this ordinance shall remain in full force and effect.
    SECTION 5. This ordinance shall take effect upon publication and adoption according
    to law.
    INTRODUCED: March 8, 2011

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

See what I mean. We are only the little fish in the sea. I will go to jail over fishing. I will fish when I want, where I want and how I want. I will not let ANYONE tell me that I can not go PHUKIN fishing. JACKOFFS.

Dark will bring you Sammich, Speedy will visit you in jail and Cardoc will bail you out.

Default The writing was on the wall, was it written in invisible ink?

I'm not surprised. That area has been trashed by fishermen for so long, and glorified on fishing sites as the premier place to catch a large spring bass.

People who fish all the time know there are many other jetties that the same fish swim by. Yet, partly because of the internet and cell phones, many don't want to take the time to scout the other rockpiles and fish them according to the tides.

I know a few people who live and fish in that area. One friend lives a few blocks from that beach club. The stories he's told me make me sick...

Stories of how after a blitz, some guys cleaned the fish on the beach club property, then threw the fish racks in the sand near the kayaks.

Stories of one of the prominent homeowners in that area, known by many as a friend to fishermen, having 2 idiots throw fish racks in his driveway before leaving the area. Granted, most guys who fish there are vell versed in fishing etiquette, and wouldn't think of doing such a thing to restrict their access. But all it takes is a few selfish idiots to ruin it for everyone else.

Stories and PMs I get of the new breed of internet fishermen, eager to make an internet name for themselves. They film not only the blitz, but also the walk-on locations of some of the most productive jetties down there, all to boost their internet credibility. What happened to just being happy you caught a large, and keeping the intel within a small select group of friends? Or at least taking care when filming something so as not to burn the spot?

Stories of guys urinating on the buildiings there. Not too appetizing if you're a resident of one of the $2+ million properties on that street and want to take a leisurely walk down on the beach in the morning, only to be hit by the stench of pizz.

With the exception of the AH jetty and one or 2 others, most rockpiles in that area can comfortably hold 3-5 guys, that's it.... before you have to worry about a cluster eff of tangles when you get into big fish.

Yet, the ego still persists.
    I was there when they refurbished that boardwalk a few years ago. I've made friends with a few homeowners living directly on the water by carefully cultivating relationships, and picking up trash on their property whenever I can. And, of course, diplomacy, the willingness to chat with people, and understand their point of view.

So I understand completely their position.
    As Fin mentioned this morning, if they start levying these fines, and winning, how long do you think it might be before other towns think to incorporate laws similar to this in their ordinances??

It would be very simple for towns to ban jetty fishing on the pretext that it's dangerous to fishermen and they don't want to accept the liability.

Don't hate me for saying it, as it's already been done in some S Jersey towns.(Avalon, Ocean City, and Stone Harbor)
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...tone-Harbor-NJ

The reality and precedents to do it already exist.

And the selfishness and arrogance of fishermen knows no bounds.
    Why is it that the self esteem and ego needs of some fishermen are so lame that they have to ruin it for everyone else?

Just to be clear, this wasnt directed at any one individual, or club, or internet hero. We're all partly responsible...

Each time we see someone drop trash on the beach, and don't say something.
    Each time we see someone bring in a short fish, keep it, and say nothing, only to come here or somewhere else and rant about your ire on the internet.

Each time we see a fisherman cut through someone's property, and leave something behind, tackle wrapper, coffee cup,or something seemingly as insignificant as a cigarette butt, and tell ourselves it's no big deal.

And, each time we give more fame to the latest "internet hero" who has to spot burn to increase his street cred, instead of shunning that person or honestly trying to explain the future implications of what they're doing.....

If we have gone through any of the above, then we're gulty.
    We must police our own, or be willing to point them out to LE so they can do their job.
    Ranting about it after the fact solves nothing.

I know this was a long-winded post, but it's something I feel passionate about.
    I got my rock hopping legs fishing those jetties, and I view with extreme prejudice anyone whose selfish behavior might take away my enjoyment of those rocks.

Sometimes I'm more at peace on those rocks at night, than anywhere else.
    I hope never to have that privelege to fish out there, completely taken away from me. I will do everything I can to promote awareness of the stupidity of some peoples' actions. Some want to be there, I need to be there.

Hey Fin, I think (hope) Rip is just having a PMS day. I'm going out to buy the extra absorbent tampon box for the dude right now.

Quote Originally Posted by rip316 View Post
    From now on I am spot burning every place I catch a fish so everyone knows and maybe they will catch a fish too.
    What the heck is wrong with you? Even if you are joking that is a crazy statement to make. Do you want everyone to be crowded in to you when you fish? Speechless.

Spot burn every place, rip316, go ahead.
    Bet you won't have many people willing to fish with you when you're done except for the newbies who throw compliments at you to get you to give up those spots. Why would you do that, you must not have been fishing for very long.

You guys don't know how easy you have it. Come up to fish Connecticut and rant about access being taken away. We have no access where the nicer houses are unless you sneak in.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    What the heck is wrong with you? Even if you are joking that is a crazy statement to make. Do you want everyone to be crowded in to you when you fish? Speechless.
    You guys should know me better than that. You know I like to bust balls and act off the wall sometimes. I only have 2 people that I fish with. I do not have a list of cell phone numbers. I know and understand exactly what will happen if the word gets out about where fish are and I do not want that to happen.

Two weeks ago I had some guy on the site thinking ( he actually took it the wrong way but the way I worded it made his mind go that route) that I actually had a girlfriend and a wife. I was talking about getting and address and going on a date. The persons who's house I went to was Finchaser. Talking about burning spots was only a joke. That was it, only a joke.

thats not a cool thing dude, better to joke about a girl than spot burning some people wont trust you i kno i wud worry about fishing with you i mean you sound like a cool dude and all but there r some things u just dont joke about, where me and my buds were last nite it was cold and we had to hang out in that cold to get the fish, the fish are around but slow to chew and if anyone burned our spot we wud throw beer bottles at them or throw them in the water just like that dude bay-dildo who burned s amboy a few years ago he burned the beaches there and the next day there were people all over and then the little biatch had the nerve to go on the internet and complain how many people were fishin lol what the f do u think will happen when you punk out like that. we dont want no punks or biatches fishin wit us.

It was a joke. I have plenty of people that know me and trust me. I do not kiss and tell. I am truly sorry that comment has you guys mad at me.

Quote Originally Posted by rip316 View Post
    From now on I am spot burning every place I catch a fish so everyone knows and maybe they will catch a fish too.
    dude how do we kno it was a joke thats like saying your mother has aids ha ha some thing arent cool to joke about not cool

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Hey Fin, I think (hope) Rip is just having a PMS day. I'm going out to buy the extra absorbent tampon box for the dude right now.
    Rip in case Dark doesn't get back to you in time I have thoughtfully come up with some choices for you! Take your pick!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	man pax.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	13368Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MANPONS.jpg 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	13366

Name:	m pon.jpg 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	13369

Or, if you prefer the old style, how about these?

Name:	old style man pons.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	13367

By the way, I'm ok with you being a spot burner, it's your constitutional right. Just make sure you pm me first when you get some fish that are worthwhile, say over 20lbs or so. And I promise I will only tell a few friends, no more than 2 or 3.

same song and dance in Mantoloking Dark.

The guys tresspass across the property all the time. Last fall some guys got bass and were using the absentee homeowner's hose to rinse them off. I didn't know the owner, but asked them if they did. They said, yeah he is my uncle. I thought they were lying but had no proof. Imagine the balls you have to have to go to the side of a guy's driveway and rinse off a fish as if you owned the place. At least I tried to question them, but what can you do. It's jokers like that that don't care about anyone but themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Rip in case Dark doesn't get back to you in time I have thoughtfully come up with some choices for you! Take your pick!

Name:	man pax.jpg 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	13368Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MANPONS.jpg 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	13366

Name:	m pon.jpg 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	13369

Or, if you prefer the old style, how about these?

Name:	old style man pons.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	13367

By the way, I'm ok with you being a spot burner, it's your constitutional right. Just make sure you pm me first when you get some fish that are worthwhile, say over 20lbs or so. And I promise I will only tell a few friends, no more than 2 or 3.

Manpons. HAHAHAHAHA Now that is funny. Think what you want guys. I was joking about the spot burning. hahahaha

Spot burning is a joke, this was never an issue before the cell crew emerged plus most guys that come to a burnt spot can't catch fish unless there is a blitz going on when they arrive. Some arrive 2-3 days late because there so called Intel as the cell phone crew refer to it is useless after the fact info.

Back to the issue at hand

Since many of these new so called bass fisherman have surfaced more and more town are coming up with laws. Many of these people are x fluke fisherman who threw garbage out of boats into the water, so now they drop it on the ground. The worst offenders are the illegals who believe the earth is a dumping ground. The dessert in Arizona is proof of that. They carry there little drape climbers around and leave $hiity diapers everywhere. They are potential new voters for the useless piece of $hit that runs this country.He has ruined this country and now along with his Pew puppet Dr.L have there sights set on the Recreational fisherman.Issues like this give them more ammunition to attack us as the rich complain to government.

I just put up a post that links to surfrider. They are trying to get some support to help us. Please fill it out if you can.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ed=1#post48059

I do agree with what finchaser and dark said about Allenhurst, people have been acting like pigs there for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    The worst offenders are the illegals who believe the earth is a dumping ground. The dessert in Arizona is proof of that. They carry there little drape climbers around and leave $hiity diapers everywhere.
    Def on the money with that one, they just leave them in the parking lots or right on the sand in the fishing areas. The next guy I see leave his kid's diaper in a fishing area, I am going to open the diaper and sling it in his face!

In regrads to Korkers on the boardwalk in Allenhurst. I fully support it. I live in Allenhurst and am paying taxes to have a new boardwalk built and it is not cheap. Yes there have been numerous incidents the past few years with a FEW fisherman. However, the reason for the ban is the cleats have ruined the boardwalk, it is not the terrible behavior by some fisherman as described earlier.
    To access the jetty, you can walk down the street, enter at the ramp. It is concrete. No issue!
    I, for one, will be asking my fellow fisherman to please observe this practice and would appreciate the cooperation from the fishing community. Living in Allenhurst and fishing that jetty almost daily, I have told the beach club management that with enough education, I believe the fishing community would respect their wishes, by staying on the pavement and off the boardwalk. Everyone understands the high cost of property taxes. However, I did mention, initially when a blitz happens, some may lose their minds and not think about it. So please bear with the fishing community as we adjust to this new regulation. Your support would really be appreciated.

shorelady. i respect that. have not met you yet but. i do respect other peoples things !!!!
    and yes we all have to adjust and i dont think fishermen do it on spite then again i can only speak
    for my self thanks for posting it ..... speedy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast