Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for June 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Hybrid View

Default NJ Fishing Reports for June 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

NJ fishing reports for June 2013. ..www.StripersandAnglers.com

NJ fishing reports for June 2013...www.stripersandanglers.com

**Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post.

Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.

Please note: NO SPOT BURNING. Posts burning spots will be Edited or DELETED.
    Some veteran fishermen have put in years developing and learning about certain spots.Some of these spots can only handle a few guys at a time. We are losing enough access as it is, due to the unfortunate behavior of a few selfish people. No sense in making it worse.

**For some areas, it would be wiser to say:
    Out Front (Ocean) OR -- Out Back (Bay) -- if you feel too many people will figure out what you are talking about. "Spot burning" also could involve mentioning something specific only to that area. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time.

IF you are fishing an area that is NOT residential, being vague is less critical. For example, it's acceptable to say (Any)Park, or (Any)Bay, or mention a specific state park that has loads of parking and can handle the crowds.

1. If you are unclear on this concept, ask yourself:
    If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish there today?

2. If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.
    More discussion on this:
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3763

If you have any additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, bait present, or other mention of techniques or plugs used - feel free.

Some acronyms -

SH - Sandy Hook
    NoMoCo - Northern Monmouth County (below the hook to Shark River Inlet SRI)
    SoMoCo - Southern Monmouth County (below SRI to Manasquan Inlet)

OC - Ocean County
    IBSP - Island Beach State Park
    LBI - Long Beach Island

AC - Atlantic County
    CISP - Corson's Inlet State Park
    CMC - Cape May County
    GEI - Great Egg Inlet
    TI - Townsend's Inlet

RB - Raritan Bay
    BB - Barnegat Bay
    CB - Chesapeake Bay
    DB - Delaware Bay

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for June 2013....www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Storminsteve,
    you won the plug in the May 2013 random drawing!
    PM me your address so I can send it out to ya!

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.

If you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well. Anyone who posts a report can win a plug even if they got skunked!

This month we're giving out plugs from Ace Baits, or something similar.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...splay.php?f=83

Thanks for posting and helping to make this a great site!

6-1-13 Am

Fished before and after sunrise. Monty mini marathon, 6 hours.

Bluefish on plugs in the dark and metal after.
    Managed 28 bluefish to 7#.
    There was some good action, and long periods of inactivity at times. Back bay, lots of fun.

when out on a peir last night ...my buddy caught one fluke .....while he was cleaning it . I pulled out a needle and threw out ...a blue nailed it hard ....drag screaming ....about 5 min it took me to get it close to the pier ....only issue was I had a 7ft pole and 20 ft to the water and two huge pipes to go over ....this blue had to be in the 12 to 14lb range ....first try to pull it up over everthing ...failed ...not even close (I had 50lb braid)on ...I was waiting for the pole to snap .....second try line snapped ....tried another needle ...this time bent the barb down ....threw out ..another blue smashed it hard ...tried to let him unhook himself ...line broke .....tryied again ....this time I took the hook off and just threw the plug .....they were all over this plug ....blues were flying out of the water trying to get this thing
    I was going to take a video ...but it was to dark outside ...still fun watching them attack it

Awesome reports guys! Heard there are some gator blues around. madcaster at least your needlefish held up sad to see it snapped your line. Look forward to some more of those videos. I fished nomoco from 6-8 there were some blues. I picked up 7 with a diamond jig with green tail. It was strange because when you reeled them in they were bulldogging and not rising to the surface. Normally they are jumping all over the place. Could it be that the water is still too cold? The bay temps were 75 today what gives?

Yep the gators are here madcaster. busting tackle and leaders soon to be in your neighborhood. Wasn't that a great feeling to hear the drag scream?
    Last nite they wanted chunks. And to bite through my 80lb leaders. Not as many as the night before but still awesome. 9-2a

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    . It was strange because when you reeled them in they were bulldogging and not rising to the surface. Normally they are jumping all over the place. Could it be that the water is still too cold? The bay temps were 75 today what gives?

Could be that the ocean is colder and a lot of them have come in from there. I agree its strange I drove around the other day to look for spots to fish at night and could see some of them finning out there. who knows there only bluefish but they drive you crazy sometimes. For instance some times they and the bass want heads. Other times its chunks. Other times they only want tails.

I did manage a good sized stingray last night. What a blast, she ran at least 40-50 yards out of line on the first run. Took me forever to get her in as I was by myself. When she was on the beach I wave would come in and she would jump on it and try and go for more runs. Eventually a fellow fisherman came onto the beach and gave me a hand. Funny thing is now more people would come up and stand (barefoot) right next to her tail. I kept telling them to watch out. All the macho guys replied " I am good Bro, aint nuffin gonna happen" Okie Dokie, you have been warned!Attachment 17213
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stingray.jpg  

fished somoco this morning from 5-6:30. I hate the south wind when are they going to turn the fan off!!
    What does that phrase go - wind from the south fish shut their mouths. lol

Rob great report even though its a skate its a big one. Is that you in the pic or one of the macho guys? Don't skate tails have some sort of barb or something. Standing there near the tails could be dangerous. What kind of skate is that?

Nice skate rob that must have put up a nice fight. What gear are you using when fishing for them?

Rob,

We are all teaming up to send you our chiropractic bills....ouch my neck!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stingray.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	17215

Very sore arms from all the big blues you wanted on topwater for a few hours today. The weird thing is there was practically nobody around today, we shared this action with just one other boater. Its was a beautiful Saturday on the second day of summer today...where did everyone go?

We peddled out to 16-18ft of water and there a decent amount of scattered bunker and monster bluefish on them.

First cast my brother hooks two large bluefish almost instantly BOTH on the same SP minnow (first time for him ever hooking two fish on one plug). His facial expression is priceless and I am trying to convince him to let me post the video. In the video it looks like he just saw a great white shark next to the kayak.

What's missing from this picture?

If you guessed a 5H Rasco Split ring and 5/0 VMC Siwash you guessed correctly...taken by a massive bluefish. The missing rear hook and 3/0 up front makes for a great surf plug when targeting bass. Maybe somebody out there was giving me a sign?

It's pretty amazing how much pressure and leverage you can apply to a fish with a 7' freshwater rod and a conventional reel. I have never opened up a 5H Rasco ring on my surf gear and its what I use on all my plugs.

Its also worth zooming into the fish finder

Some pics from today:

Again, worth zooming in on the fish finder

To top off a great summer day my Mom & Dad went crabbing

Quote Originally Posted by basshunter View Post
    Rob great report even though its a skate its a big one. Is that you in the pic or one of the macho guys? Don't skate tails have some sort of barb or something. Standing there near the tails could be dangerous. What kind of skate is that?

I thought Skates did not have barbs on their tails only stingrays did???? This one had a very definitive barb on it's tail. Yep that's me in the pic- no macho man there.... the macho guy was taking the pic for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbarbosa
    Rob,
    We are all teaming up to send you our chiropractic bills....ouch my neck!
    I know, sorry. the picture is vertical on my computer but for some reason it turned on here when I posted it.

I fished early this morning and caught 2 blues on metal in moco. They always put up a good fight.

Went fluke fishing yesterday, caught sea robins and shorts.

Buddy got a skinny 17.5"

Quote Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
    I thought Skates did not have barbs on their tails only stingrays did???? This one had a very definitive barb on it's tail. Yep that's me in the pic- no macho man there.... the macho guy was taking the pic for me.
    I am not sure rob but from what I have read there are lots in the ray family that have barbs on the tail. It sticks out from the base of the tail. When they swash there tail around if it hooks in your skin you could get an infection. Nice report and catch but be careful!

Sick of the bluefish in the back. There are lots and lots of them some are over 15lbs. Dark pm me if you want to hook up with some of these devils. I decided to use gulp for fluke today and fish out front. Set out with a double rig, with a round 1 oz sinker on bottom. Fished chartreuse gulp the small shad kind in nomoco from 4-5:45 part of the incoming tide. Picked up 3 fluke to 18". One was a keeper. Will be eating fluke sandwiches tonight. rob great ray pic and john love the crab reports always make me hungry.

Default Re: NJ Fishing pics

Frank and his 48.5 lb fish....
    Yes it was caught in a blitz...but the latest one lasted less than 20 minutes.....only a handful of fish were caught...and this was the biggest.....

He could have entered the Reel Seat contest with it....won a VS 200, or the CTS rod.....
    He could have entered the Berkeley Spring Tourney run around the same time.....Hundreds of $$ in prizes....
    There are still some tackle shops that have certificates of a few hundred $$ for the biggest Surf fish of the year....and this fish would have had a clear shot at #1......

Attachment 17190

He could have weighed it in for a video weigh in...
    or several tackle shops, and paraded it around on the internet......on every website and facebook surfcaster group out there.......

But some quick pics were taken. and he decided to put this big girl back in the water quickly.......

Outstanding job, Frank..........on the fish of a lifetime.....
    and the release........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 48.5lb fish released june 2013.jpg  

Default Re: NJ Fishing pics

^^^^^^^^^^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast